Can you help me optimize my settings for Yakuza 2?
Thanks a bunch everyone. I appreciate the the suggestions.
So, what sort of steps should I take to make my gaming experience smoother?
Change the GSdx Plugin?
Add more Rendering threads?
I know my Laptop can handle the game, the problem is setting it up for an optimal experience.

Sponsored links

as its an i7-3610QM you could change your GSDX to the AVX version, but it doesn't really make much difference in hardware mode.

I would monitor your temperatures, to make sure your CPU isn't throttling, if it is, that's going to be causing speed spikes for you. Aside from that there isn't a lot you can do, just have the MTVU hack and the recommended speedhacks enabled (wait loop hack, mvu flag hack, INTC hack)

beyond that, there isn't much you can do beyond all the advice given above with power options. I would make an nvidia profile for PCSX2 just to be super sure it's using your nvidia card.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

So I have followed the suggestions, but it has actually caused the game to lag more!
Hmmm...I Wonder what the problem could be? I know my computer can run it. There must be something I am missing.
have you monitored your temperatures while playing to check you aren't throttling?

also i didn't check, are you running from ISO or DVD?

for your current problem:
1. what are FPS/EE%/GS%(/VU%) while you observe slowdowns. (please don't use EE cycle rate and Vu cycle stealing while you test this)
2. Do you use non-default settings (still the same as in the first post or have you tinkered a bit)?
Temperature is all clear.
I am running an ISO.

The FPS goes to bewtween 50-55 but it sound and video delay are quite noticeable. But when its at 60, its flawless. I just need to keep it there.

Everything is as stated in the 1st post, but I have followed everyones recommendations.
we still need your EE/GS/VU values when it runs slow.

EE=Around 80%
GS= around 15%
VU=0-1%
that sounds like something outside of PCSX2 is causing your slowdown.

just to be sure can you upload pictures of each tab of your "emulator settings"? there's a little camera in the bottom left in order to make this process easier