Is there any way to lock the fps?

Sponsored links

1.0.0 is unsupported.
Please update
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Edit the pcsx2_vm.ini and change the variable for PAL frame rate and NTSC to your required frame limit. Also, make sure to do this step after updating your pcsx2 version.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
There is no need to do it from the ini when it's exposed in the UI.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
both does the same thing. I don't see what's the problem on that, also the UI way of locking the fps might be confusing for newbies instead of just manually writing the desired fps which they want it to be locked at.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(04-24-2015, 12:54 PM)ssakash Wrote: both does the same thing. I don't see what's the problem on that, also the UI way of locking the fps might be confusing for newbies instead of just manually writing the desired fps which they want it to be locked at.

Modifying the ini is far more confusing for a newbie than a GUI option would be. There's a reason we have the GUI, to make things simpler without having to manually do things to important files, and to also prevent changing the wrong things inside the same file. When it can be avoided you should always avoid the manual editing like that.

It's the same way as where you would tell a user to avoid messing with BIOS options if they don't know where to look exactly for example. I think that's also the point Blyss was trying to make.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
you could only lock the fps to a certain limit in the UI using the base frame rate adjust which is a multiplier based option depending on the current fps limit. editing via the ini file is much more simpler since, we don't have to set any multiplier rate, only the desired FPS limit.
- Refraction
I'm not going to ask why you're still using 1.0.0, but yes, you can cap it like everyone stated from PCSX2 itself or you can use an external frame capper.
Moe: [to Homer] And I'm pulling your favorite song out of the jukebox.
Homer: "It's Raining Men"?!
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]
Smithers: Ow! [looks at the record] Ohhh.

what would ;e; do