Can you run translators (Like Agth) with PCSX2?
Tongue 
Hi, I recently wanted to play a game, 12riven, however there is no English patch, copy, ect. in existence, nor is there a pc release that I can find online. I do however have my own copy ripped on pcsx2 and it works, however, It is fully in JAP, and well, I can't read JAP. Does anyone know at all if there is a way to have an in-game translator that I can reference, I reeeeally want to play this VN.  =)  Glare

Thank you

Sponsored links

There's really no way unless somebody were to make a fan-translation and patch the ISO itself. Sorry Sad
Even if you were able to scan all the in-game text(Did you actually try running Aght with PCSX2?), you still need people to translate it for you. So there's no way you can play the game in English right now.
If you reeeeeeeeeeeeally need to play this game then
cellphone the screen + google translate...

But to be a little more serious AGTH uses CheatEngine to "hook" the text and while it mignt not be as easy as a native PC VN you should be able to use it..... though that will only get you all of the text of the game (as you play it) in a seprate file. You will still need to translate it. If you are going to use a machine translation then you might as well point your cellphone at the screen and use the google translate app, it will just be easier.
(02-06-2018, 06:11 PM)TkSilver Wrote: If you reeeeeeeeeeeeally need to play this game then
cellphone the screen + google translate...

But to be a little more serious AGTH uses CheatEngine to "hook" the text and while it mignt not be as easy as a native PC VN you should be able to use it..... though that will only get you all of the text of the game (as you play it) in a seprate file.  You will still need to translate it.  If you are going to use a machine translation then you might as well point your cellphone at the screen and use the google translate app, it will just be easier.

Im trying that now, but I think the service needs to be in the directory of the Game with the files, with Emu's it is just an ISO, so there is no way, that I know of, to access the files while being run, if there are any suggestions that would help, but so far I havnt got it to work.
I have an idea, although you may need to play the game in windowed mode for it to work, and it may or may not need you to use "Print Screen" and Paint to get it to fully work.

There's a program called "Capture2Text" that should help you. I used it to attempt to try and translate a one-shot manga chapter a while back, and it's incredibly accurate. You start the program and it runs silently in the background. While it's active, you can place the mouse cursor over some text, and use a keyboard shortcut to have the program scan the visual output of your monitor around the mouse cursor and copy the text into the Clipboard. There are a small number of these shortcuts for a variety of attempts. It will either attempt to scan for a sentence, or with another shortcut, will scan for an enclosed shape around the text and assume that you're scanning a text bubble in a comic/manga. Once you've done this, it will highlight the text it was able to find, and a pop-up window will pop up showing exactly what got copied, so you can double-check it for accuracy before sending it to the Clipboard.

Like I said, it runs off of the visual output of the monitor, so it should be able to pick up anything being displayed by the emulator. (I've personally used it to translate typed text on websites as well as text in image files, so the emulator display should be no problem.) You may need to keep it in windowed mode so the text is small enough for the program to recognize it, and on the off-chance that it doesn't work with the emulator, copying an image of the text to Paint and zooming out a bit more should be enough for the program to recognize it.

Now, the next program you're going to want to use is called "Translation Aggregator". This program needs an Internet connection to run, but it works beautifully alongside "Capture2Text". What this program does is it automatically inputs whatever it currently in the Clipboard, and sends it to about twelve different translation sites alongside two different built-in translation dictionaries. The sites aren't always updated and still compatible with the program, so you'll probably get eight translations and the two built-in dictionary entries, which should still be enough for what you want to do.

This way, you can see eight different possible machine translations, and by comparing all of them, usually be able to deduce exactly what the sentence means. If you have a few questionable parts of the sentence, the two dictionary entries allow you to check individual symbols for what they could possibly mean by themselves.

Like I said, it automatically inputs from the Clipboard, so when used alongside Capture2Text, it should automatically and instantly translate whatever it is you scan with the mouse as you scan it. It's still a slightly slow process, but considering this setup was designed to help people read foreign visual novels on PC, I see no reason why this shouldn't work for you.