Can you tell me if this laptop can use pcsx2?
Processor                                   
2.4 GHz Intel Core i7

RAM
8 GB SDRAM DDR3

Memory Speed
1600 MHz

Intel Integrated Graphics
Asus premium 

Would this work well with pcsx2 and dolphin , and such most emulators? I havnt been able to find an answer on this on other websites, also, would it be better to get the surface pro 3 i7 instead?

Sponsored links

what exact CPU?
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Like Nobbs66 asked, which exact i7? There's some pretty weak ultra low voltage laptop i7s, and there's high clocked ones too.
(07-23-2016, 10:00 PM)wagon153 Wrote: Like Nobbs66 asked, which exact i7? There's some pretty weak ultra low voltage laptop i7s, and there's high clocked ones too.
Well i found one i like better, and for a hella lot cheaper price, its an i7-5500u with nvidia 930M (the new laptop i found has all the same specs except for these two specifics)

(07-23-2016, 02:24 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: what exact CPU?

For the new model i7-5500.
it'll run low demanding/medium demanding games quite well.
intensive/high demanding games won't run well
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-24-2016, 08:46 AM)jesalvein Wrote: it'll run low demanding/medium demanding games quite well.
intensive/high demanding games won't run well

Would it play the typical , sly 3, jak3 , games as such, with some tweaks of course on the config? Im looking for something within that power, though im finding used laptops so i can get them cheaper. (and even if i might add, if itll work with dolphin ssbb, and lower gamecube games?)
(07-24-2016, 10:33 AM)Narkos Wrote: Would it play the typical , sly 3, jak3 , games as such, with some tweaks of course on the config?
those are demanding, so it'll be slow as hell
Quote:(and even if i might add, if itll work with dolphin ssbb, and lower gamecube games?)
depends on the GC DVDs you own ... Dolphin relies more on the GPU power
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-24-2016, 10:43 AM)jesalvein Wrote: those are demanding, so it'll be slow as helldepends on the GC DVDs you own ... Dolphin relies more on the GPU power

Do you perhaps have a , or couple, recommendations for some laptops that can handle those games and  dolphin?  (Im still learning all the stuff about computers and such, so i apologize if any info or actions seem to be out of place.) and would a i7-6500U, make a large enough difference?
HAving a budget and where int he world you are would go a long way to picking out a good laptop for your needs. AKA some great laptops priced for the US are going for $800-$1000 while those same laptops in other parts of the world are way more expensive.