Cannot Get PCSX2 0.9.8 to work correctly
Hi I could really use some help.
I recently installed the emulator because my ps2 no longer works
My computer specs are:
ATI Radeon 5770
AMD Phenom 9750 Quad Core Processor 2.40 GHz
8 gigs of DDR3 Ram
Win 7 64 bit
I installed PCSX2 0.9.8 using the web installer installed everything put in the bios etc. set it to native with Direct3D11(Hardware)Running on SSE2 because thats what i read works with AMD
Ive tried it with a few different games that i had on hand to test it (Dark Cloud, Dark Cloud 2, and a couple of the Ratchet and Clank games) and everytime i run one of them the video and the audio just seems to lag and everything sounds and looks clunky and runs slow. its not the FPS because even when it starts lagging its fps is still at 60 or so. Ive tried going through the speedhack options allowing 8-bit textures and game fixes and still no luck if anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it and just tell me any other info i might need to give you.

Sponsored links

The FPS being 60 and the game lagging makes no sense, except if you're abusing the VU cycle stealing hack, in which case you should disable it. 2,4 Ghz is pretty low for PCSX2 and especially the Ratchet and Clank series need very strong systems to work at good speeds. You should also not enable any kind of game fix for the games you mentioned.
Try posting your plugin settings and your PCSX2 settings so people can help better.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Use the constant frameskip and change base framerate to 140%.

Note: Speedhacks causes glitches, false fps etc.

Try using the EE Timing hack and no other gamefixes.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
Not to mention that the first generation of Phenoms were slower in many situations clock for clock than the original x2 line of athlons... So low clock rate plus old/slow architecture and you simply don't have the CPU power to perform adequately in PCSX2.
[Image: 2748844.png]
@OP
Seems your cpu is more than dual core/quad core. Then try with latest pcsx2 svn download from this link http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
Then enable MTVU hack option. Dark cloud series get benefit with MTVU option.
Edit :
Do not use ALL of speedhacks to maximum. That very bad option.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
Thanks for the help guys
Register your way was the way that fixed it so thanks to you especially =D
it still lags a little at certain scenes and such but im not expecting perfection or anything