Cannot Play PCSX2 with OpenGL
I'm glad that I never bought a laptop.

I created a github report https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/659 so someone can improve code in the future.

Sponsored links

(07-15-2015, 06:07 AM)Carsomyr Wrote: Could you post the actual emuLog.txt instead of a screenshot?

Here it is :

.txt   log.txt (Size: 4,03 KB / Downloads: 281)

My Laptop Spec :

CPU : Intel® Core™ i7-4720HQ CPU
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M
RAM : DDR3 16GB

Model : MSI GE62 4K Display
(07-15-2015, 01:04 PM)Old$ch00LGamer Wrote: I had this issue with my laptop which also uses optimus and an nvidia gtx 880m. I fixed it by setting pcsx2 to use the nvidia gpu as default in the nvidia control panel. Next instead of selecting the gpu in pcsx2's gsdx setting leave the adapter set to use "default hardware device". I was getting all the exact messages you were getting and this fixed it. I hate optimus it's very buggy. This is worth a shot so let me know if it works. This is how it should look (see 1st image). I can reproduce the issue on the fly if i remove pcsx2 from the nvidia control panel and simply selecting my nvidia gpu with the gsdx adapter option which is whats causing the issue. See my second image showing the exact issue you are experiencing.

Well then, I will tried it ASAP !!

My Laptop Spec :

(07-21-2015, 04:28 PM)kioharumi Wrote: Well then, I will tried it ASAP !!

Urm..

1) For The 1st Try, It FAILED to render.. then the Driver STOPPED working & RECOVERED..

2) But, for the 2nd Time... IT WORKS !!

Tq man!! Arigatou Gozaimasu!!

BiggrinBiggrinBiggrinBiggrin

Well, It is Indeed OPTIMUS Issue After ALL !!

My Laptop Spec :

(07-15-2015, 12:13 PM)gregory Wrote: On windows, Intel only really support 2.1. Sadly, driver has too much issues to use 3.x features.

Dolphin supposedly requires at minimum OGL3 and Intel iGPU toasters on Windows can run their OGL plugin fine as long as people don't up-rez. Maybe you can ask them for their secrets.
Likely dedicated hack to workaround the intel driver limitation or they don't use same features as us. Anyway, I don't want to bother because you can use the Dx backend.
(07-21-2015, 04:34 PM)kioharumi Wrote: Urm..

1) For The 1st Try, It FAILED to render.. then the Driver STOPPED working & RECOVERED..

2) But, for the 2nd Time... IT WORKS !!

Tq man!! Arigatou Gozaimasu!!

BiggrinBiggrinBiggrinBiggrin

Well, It is Indeed OPTIMUS Issue After ALL !!

I faced the same problem as you, and by setting nvidia to High performenceprocesser is not working for me....