Cannot build source code...
Sorry if this is in the wrong place but I needed help. I changed few things to make 128MB memory card work (adding lines mainly) and become an option (I'd prefer if you don't ask why, but I just wanted to have that as an option), the thing is everything compiles/builds perfectly till it throws an error saying:

LNK1181 - Cannot open input file 'C:\User\xxthe\Desktop\pcsx2-master\deps\Win32\Release\zlib.lib', which prevents me from testing the emulator out.

I did follow the Wiki which shows how step by step how to build the source code using VS 2017 (Yes I installed all the C++ packages & DX10 SDK which solved some side issues) but it didn't help with this issue. Also it doesn't seem like the file exists at all.

I appreciate any help I can get from this!
CPU: Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz - 4.4GHz | GPU: GTX 1080 G1 Gaming (GIGABYTE) | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 3 Rev. 1.0 (Potentially fried/dead)| RAM: 32GB DDR3 G-Skull & Corsair Vengeance 2400MHz | NZXT Hue+ | Sound Card: Sound Blaster Z | HDDs: 3TB External Archive HDD Seagate, 8TB Seagate Gaming External HDD, 8TB Seagate Archive SMR (Busted)

Sponsored links

You need to run
Code:
git submodule update
to get the xzlib library.
(09-05-2018, 11:42 PM)CK1 Wrote: You need to run
Code:
git submodule update
to get the xzlib library.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Stupid me *facepalm*
CPU: Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz - 4.4GHz | GPU: GTX 1080 G1 Gaming (GIGABYTE) | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 3 Rev. 1.0 (Potentially fried/dead)| RAM: 32GB DDR3 G-Skull & Corsair Vengeance 2400MHz | NZXT Hue+ | Sound Card: Sound Blaster Z | HDDs: 3TB External Archive HDD Seagate, 8TB Seagate Gaming External HDD, 8TB Seagate Archive SMR (Busted)
[Image: f1b142c21220b09aa6d6a2ecf39d02bb.png]
Done it, first thing I ever done. (Not sure why it's 130MB instead of 128MB)

New screenshot:
[Image: cd532e9b77cf2b6d7428418794126574.png]

It's working as expected, I'll be pushing this out tomorrow.
I would bet this is because of how the card capacities were advertised, versus how the PS2 browser displays them. They advertise OEM cards as 8 MB, but the memory card images you have in PCSX2 will show in your file system as 8,650,752 or so bytes. This is because all that extra space is parity data added in. 8 MB of actual writable space, including where system files and the FAT and whatnot will land, but per 512 byte page, an additional 16 bytes for parity data. My hunch is that the PS2 browser then just doesn't bother to go through and ask what is and isn't parity data, and just reports back every byte available. Of course, the larger the card, the larger this discrepancy will be.
(09-06-2018, 03:34 AM)pandubz Wrote: I would bet this is because of how the card capacities were advertised, versus how the PS2 browser displays them. They advertise OEM cards as 8 MB, but the memory card images you have in PCSX2 will show in your file system as 8,650,752 or so bytes. This is because all that extra space is parity data added in. 8 MB of actual writable space, including where system files and the FAT and whatnot will land, but per 512 byte page, an additional 16 bytes for parity data. My hunch is that the PS2 browser then just doesn't bother to go through and ask what is and isn't parity data, and just reports back every byte available. Of course, the larger the card, the larger this discrepancy will be.

Ahhhh that makes sense, thanks for explaining it in detail Smile
How do I push/save these changes? I'm not sure how to do it, plus it doesn't explain in the wiki on how to do it. Sorry if this is a noob question :\
If you're looking to push them to the PCSX2 repository to be merged in to the development builds, you will need to have a fork of PCSX2 on Github, create a branch other than the default master (name it something fitting for what you're doing), push your changes to it, then open a Pull Request. That PR will then be reviewed, and if everyone is in favor, it will be merged.
(09-06-2018, 08:10 PM)pandubz Wrote: If you're looking to push them to the PCSX2 repository to be merged in to the development builds, you will need to have a fork of PCSX2 on Github, create a branch other than the default master (name it something fitting for what you're doing), push your changes to it, then open a Pull Request. That PR will then be reviewed, and if everyone is in favor, it will be merged.

Ahhhhhhh alright, thanks again.