Cannot find any working CDVD plugin for Linux.
Sad 
For the past week I've been looking around for a CDVD plugin for Linux since by default the Linux version doesn't come with any. So far I have maintained a 0% success rate, the only plugin file I found was "libCDVDlinuz" which was detected but I can't configure it (configure button does nothing) and booting results in "CDVD plugin failed to open" as the plugin fails to load in the first place.

I apologize in advance as I'm a Linux noob but anyone who can point me in the right direction can have a free internet hug. I'm running Elementary OS 0.3.1 Freya (64- Bit).

Sponsored links

OK..Elementary is Ubuntu-based. Anyways, how did you install pcsx2? PPA? Compile yourself?

Assuming you are using the PPA, go to CDVD and change mode to iso. Run game from iso to prevent disc lag with loading. The CDVDnull plugin works in the same way. There is otherwise nothing to really configure with CDVD plugins.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Yes I'm using the PPA. I'm assuming I'm suppose to point the ISO selector to the .img file on the disc since there isn't anything else shown...right?
You either need to dump the disk to an image-File (e.g. as iso) and load that using the internal iso loader or if available use gigaherz dvd plugin to load the dvd directly. ISO image loading is still the recommended way. Loading a file from the disk using the iso loader will not work.
(09-12-2015, 10:40 AM)willkuer Wrote: You either need to dump the disk to an image-File (e.g. as iso) and load that using the internal iso loader or if available use gigaherz dvd plugin to load the dvd directly. ISO image loading is still the recommended way. Loading a file from the disk using the iso loader will not work.

Damn I'm back to square one. I've looked for the GigaHerz plugin but so far I've only found Windows versions of the plugin.
That's why i said if it is available. Possibly it doesn't exist for linux. I am windows user.

But as I said it is in any case recommended to create an iso. Just create the iso and it will instantly work using the internal iso loader.
Gigaherz is windows only. Just make the iso as instructed. It will work.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti