Cannot get Widescreen patches to work!
(03-18-2016, 10:44 PM)Devina Wrote: If you're playing a fan-translation of KH: Final Mix, if I remember correctly, it automatically comes with 16:9.
http://kh-vids.net/threads/kingdom-heart...ss.121896/

As for FFX, no clue.

No im just playing the regular Kingdom hearts. *sigh* i guess i'll have to just try put up with it. Thank you anyway! You really did help a lot

Sponsored links

Here's a better comparison. This is what it should be like:

No WS patch applied:
[Image: KH-NoWS.png]

With WS patch applied:
[Image: KH-WS.png]

The only thing I can think of is that you're trying to turn off the patch on the fly, which won't work.
You have to do a clean restart of PCSX2 to actually apply the changes between whether the patch is on or off.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(03-19-2016, 12:38 AM)Ryudo Wrote: Here's a better comparison. This is what it should be like:

The only thing I can think of is that you're trying to turn off the patch on the fly, which won't work.
You have to do a clean restart of PCSX2 to actually apply the changes between whether the patch is on or off.

Im restarting PCSX2 every single time i try :/ I just tried again in a different spot. With the Widescreen patch on, i manipulated the camera to JUST see Wakka's ear on the right side of the screen. I save stated then turned the widescreen patch off. I rebooted PCSX2 and loaded the save state. I can still juusst see Wakka's ear on the right side of the screen. It hasnt changed at all.

EDIT: Okay i just looked up the FFX intro for the original PS2 on youtube. I compared it to the intro running on my PCSX2. The PCSX2 version is *definitely* widescreen compared to the 4:3 intro of the PS2. The beginning shot of the sword in the ground is just the sword on the PS2 intro. For PCSX2 its also got Tidus's arse sitting by the fire to the right hand side.

The confusing thing is, just like kingdom hearts. It seems PCSX2 doesnt care whether i tell it to run in 4:3 or remove the widescreen patches from the ***** directory itself. It iwll consistently display it in that wide view where you can see Tidus's arse. Thats the confusing thing. Even if i remove the patches entirely so it HAS no patches to load AND i tell it to display in 4:3, i see Tidus's arse. Thats whats been throwing me. The inability to compare makes me doubt it IS widescreen.
Save States loads your settings that were being used at the time of creating the state. That's why you aren't seeing a difference. You have to load via a Memory Card after restarting PCSX2. (That's why I was standing on a Save Point).
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(03-19-2016, 02:15 AM)Ryudo Wrote: Save States loads your settings that were being used at the time of creating the state. That's why you aren't seeing a difference. You have to load via a Memory Card after restarting PCSX2. (That's why I was standing on a Save Point).

Oh my god am i really that stupid? I mean seriously am i genuinely that dumb? Nooo that....I...Because...You see....Well. Thank you. You solved it. The widescreen hacks were working all along i just couldn't see a difference because i was using save states. My god. Im dumb. Seriously.

Thank you soo much, everyone here helped sooo much!
Called it in 2nd reply Tongue Anyway enjoy Wink
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(03-19-2016, 02:21 AM)Rasral Wrote: Oh my god am i really that stupid? I mean seriously am i genuinely that dumb? Nooo that....I...Because...You see....Well. Thank you. You solved it. The widescreen hacks were working all along i just couldn't see a difference because i was using save states. My god. Im dumb. Seriously.

Thank you soo much, everyone here helped sooo much!

hi.
sorry for reply to old topic but i have the same problem and please if you see my reply Tell me how you solved the problem
Because I did not understand the comments above
About savestat and like this

& thanks in advance
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.