Cannot get .hack// Infection to start at all
I can't get it .hack to start at all. I've tried multiple revisions and multiple settings. With hacks and without. Every time it just boots and then my frames drop to ~17 and it sits at a blank screen. Would be appreciated if someone could help me or at least explain why it's doing this.

I'm running the latest beta usually with no speed hacks except 1:1 frame skipping.
Cpu : 1.4 pentium dual core
Gfx: x3100

Please, before anyone says my cpu or graphics are holding me back I can run kingdom hearts full speed and FFX at 82%, non 3d games are no problem.

inb4 "you can't run pcsx2 with that graphics card or cpu"

Sponsored links

well, i don't know how heavy this game is, but less demanding games like kh and ffx are usually not a good benchmark, especially with the fake fps values the frameskipping might report. try enabling both microvus in the cpu config. and i'd also recommend enabling some speed hacks (especially vu cycle stealing) instead of the frameskipping.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
Your speed is making the blank portion at the beginning of the intro video longer than it seems. When I was trying to get it running, it was at ~30 fps and the screen stayed black. After a couple resets (and patience), something finally appeared after about 5 or so seconds. Also if the game runs at that speed during the intro video with the developer information, you might have to turn to a few speed hacks and use settings that gives optimal performance.

Patience is always important when using a program that is still in development. Regardless of the speed, I always give it at least a minute because the game will be viewable within that time or the emulator crashes which would give a better answer than waiting a few seconds.
I tried using the vu cycle stealing as above with no luck. Same with the speed hacks. I get the same blank screen.
Also above, I did think I might be just moving slow but I let it sit for about 2 minutes each time I try a different config and I always slow down to the same speed and just sit on a black screen.
VUskip = bad for .hack (I've tried that)

your CPU is weak, I have never even heard of your GPU, it mist be gma, this game won't run well for you, but try the stable 0.9.6, that was the best one for me with this game
(08-08-2009, 09:18 PM)zero29 Wrote: try enabling both microvus in the cpu config.

what about that?
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
mvu is slower..
best bet: use new plugins on the old "stable"
(08-08-2009, 10:40 PM)zero29 Wrote:
(08-08-2009, 09:18 PM)zero29 Wrote: try enabling both microvus in the cpu config.

what about that?

yep, and the microvu hacks. Part of the reason I don't use hacks is Compatibility>speed IMO and it usually slows down more than speeds up.

And yes it's GMA. I'll redownload the stable build package and have a go before I give up.

Maybe I should just face the music and get a better computer. I was hoping to get at least another year with this one though.
(08-08-2009, 10:42 PM)Saiki Wrote: mvu is slower..

that was not my point, other users have recommended to use the microvu with this game, some games like katamari damacy need it to run properly. compatibility is always the first issue, because if game doesn't run at all, then the faster performance of the supervu won't be able to help you.

(08-08-2009, 10:44 PM)Dysun Wrote: yep, and the microvu hacks. Maybe I should just face the music and get a better computer. I was hoping to get at least another year with this one though.

well, then you're probably out of luck Sad
try the stable, I know that one works