Cannot go above 30-35 fps on Dirge Of Ceberus: FF VII
Heh, I'd be glad to be a tester and dev a bit, lol. I have an NVIDIA GK107 [GeForce GTX 650] card, and I have just setup a dual boot with windows and arch linux on my UEFI mobo, and both sides have the official drivers Tongue
hmm. I use -march=native as a default cflag in /etc/makepkg.conf, but I'm not seeing huge improvements here :/
OS: Arch Linux x86_64 (linux-ck-bulldozer 3.12.10-2) dual boot with Win7 Ultimate x86_64
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 (MS-7693) UEFI
CPU: AMD FX-6300 hex-core @ 3.5ghz
GPU: NVIDIA GK107 [GeForce GTX 650] w/ up to date drivers linux and windows
RAM: 6GB DDR3 1600mhz
Gamepads: 4 DS3 pads connected via bluetooth linux and windows

Sponsored links

(02-14-2014, 12:02 AM)gregory Wrote: We miss dev but we also miss tester. Latest GSdx must be usable on Nvidia hardware, however on AMD that another story. GSdx opengl has lots of potential. If you have an nvidia GPU, see youself the nice Persona 3 shadows or others DATE effect Wink

I'll try and get together some backtraces. I have both a nvidia machine and an AMD APU, but they both crash when using GSDX. I haven't compiled with debug symbols as of yet though, so I'm not sure how useful the traces would be.
My issues were caused by glibc-2.18, in that sse4.2 functions in glibc were not working properly with i686 applications. None of the workarounds worked for me so I upgraded to glibc-2.19 which fixed it. Glibc upgrades are a a bit risky so I wouldn't necessarily recommend it, but no problems so far.
(02-14-2014, 12:02 AM)gregory Wrote: GSdx opengl has lots of potential. If you have an nvidia GPU, see youself the nice Persona 3 shadows or others DATE effect Wink

You're right, GSDX is indeed in a good state once I finally got it working. Persona 3 FES is reasonably playable (better than other plugins/wine) on my AMD APU A10-4600M (quad that usually doesn't clock over 2.3 GHZ) and looks mostly correct with log depth hack and alpha correction. I had to force disable geometry shaders, though, otherwise I'd get graphical corruption. I'm using git mesa, albeit with the buffer_storage branch (haven't tested without yet).

Shadows do look better on my nvidia system, as you claimed. Is the difference just a case of missing extension(s)?

Lastly, are windows versions of GSDX OGL being regularly built anymore? Would be nice for benchmark/testing purposes to compare GSDX OGL with Wine and native Windows compared to native Linux OGL.

Anyway, I'm quite impressed, and thank you for your contributions.
Which alpha hack? Buffer storage is not fully implemented on gsdx. So far only texture upload is concerned. It was only a proof of concept. I might need to add it to uniform/vertex upload too. Geometry shader is less useful on opengl. When we have mature implementation, I will try to make it work.

P3 shadows are emulated with the gl 4.2 extension (load store image). For older gpu you can use the alphaStencil hack.

I never used window but all latest build must have opengl enabled.
(02-16-2014, 11:57 AM)gregory Wrote: Which alpha hack?

I've used both Alpha correction (FBA) and Alpha hack in advanced settings. Although in hindsight I think it was just the log depth hack that fixed everything. Shadows are working but there's a few glitches that remind me of the D3D9 renderer. The alphastencil hack is the alpha hack in advanced settings, correct? I'm guessing it won't work as well as the image_load_store implemenation anyway, so maybe the glitches are expected.

Quote:Buffer storage is not fully implemented on gsdx. So far only texture upload is concerned. It was only a proof of concept. I might need to add it to uniform/vertex upload too. Geometry shader is less useful on opengl. When we have mature implementation, I will try to make it work.

Using it results in large speedups with Dolphin so that's why I tried it. Would be nice if a full implementation would help in the same way, but they are different architectures after all.

Quote:I never used window but all latest build must have opengl enabled.

Okay, that's good to hear. It's a moot issue mostly for now though given that PCSX2 requires VC++2013 which doesn't work with Wine at the moment.

Thanks for answering my questions.
Update: on the windows version, r5900, I was able to complete the entire game (well, main story line. I've not tried the extra modes and such).
Only problem is the half-screen-hazing that this game is known for; However, it seems the old hacked gsdx dll's for that issue no longer work with current versions of pcsx2... Source code/patches, anyone?
OS: Arch Linux x86_64 (linux-ck-bulldozer 3.12.10-2) dual boot with Win7 Ultimate x86_64
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 (MS-7693) UEFI
CPU: AMD FX-6300 hex-core @ 3.5ghz
GPU: NVIDIA GK107 [GeForce GTX 650] w/ up to date drivers linux and windows
RAM: 6GB DDR3 1600mhz
Gamepads: 4 DS3 pads connected via bluetooth linux and windows