Cannot run pcsx2 at all
Okay, so I wanted to use this emulator, and I've downloaded everything that "I've" been told to download via browsing on these forums. I already had X11, I got the CG framework from over in the 'How to run?' thread, I even went for the mentioned Mac Ports (which I also cannot figure out for the life of me how to use). I'm running Mac OSX 10.5.8, have an Intel Coe 2 Duo processor, so the issue isn't there, i don't think.

When I open the application (pcsx2, that is), I get the following message in X11.
Code:
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/X11/lib/libcairo.2.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/pcsx2.app/Contents/Resources/pcsx2/./pcsx2
  Reason: image not found
pcsx2.sh: line 2:   409 Trace/BPT trap          ./pcsx2

I tried installing Cairo, like one of the supporters here suggested, but all that seemed to do was do something to my computer to the point of my not being able to open an X11 terminal window. I cleared that out, but am no longer sure what to do.

I've tried the codes from zedr0n's first post in 'How to Run?', and I've tried the alternative codes provided in the same topic, and I believe that I downloaded the correct version of the application (version 0.9.6 copyright to zedr0n)

what... what am I doing wrong?! I'm not experienced at using Terminal and such, so I honestly have no clue what I need to do next.

Sorry for any hassle.

Sponsored links

then i would suggest not using linux/mac at all

seriously, if you don't know what you're doing, then don't do it.
I'm having the same problem, with the same error message, anyone know what to do?
(05-19-2011, 04:47 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: then i would suggest not using linux/mac at all

Then how would I learn how to do this in the future? I don't really have much of a choice as per using a mac anyway, the only PC i have permission to download anything on is nearly full and running Windows XP... and dying a slow, painful death. The other computers in the house belong to my folks, and I'd rather not download anything big onto their computers without them knowing.
(05-19-2011, 04:47 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: then i would suggest not using linux/mac at all

Does it bother you that some people want to help the OSX project even if they aren't the most technically savvy people? I work with Git and Terminal every day at work and it still took me a little bit of time to make sure I had everything in order.

People should be welcoming new testers/debuggers with open arms, not pushing them away.

To Ryuu, I'm sorry I can't help much. I'm running Snow Leopard and the process isn't exactly the same.
Hmm... So I got rid of Cairo, reloaded it, and once again, xterm will not open. I find it very bizarre... maybe I have the wrong version of Cairo. The Cairolib site doesn't really say WHICH version I was supposed to download... Anyone know which one works on Leopard?
(05-19-2011, 08:38 PM)Lenas Wrote: Does it bother you that some people want to help the OSX project even if they aren't the most technically savvy people? I work with Git and Terminal every day at work and it still took me a little bit of time to make sure I had everything in order.

People should be welcoming new testers/debuggers with open arms, not pushing them away.

To Ryuu, I'm sorry I can't help much. I'm running Snow Leopard and the process isn't exactly the same.

not really, and OSX is a project?... HAH!
(05-20-2011, 02:23 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: not really, and OSX is a project?... HAH!

Yes, as in the PCSX2 OSX port. It's got a developer with occasional updates and ongoing work, seems like a project to me!

Now please stop being useless.
15" Macbook Pro (Early 2011) SL 10.6.7, Pcsx2 0.9.6
2.2ghz Core i7 | ATI HD 6750M | 8GB 1333MHz DDR3
the ones being useless are the ones wasting users time trying to do something outside of their current capability.

if you want to run pcsx2 on osx, go and learn how to use cairo and terminal and them come back when you're up to the task.
(05-20-2011, 02:27 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: the ones being useless are the ones wasting users time trying to do something outside of their current capability.

if you want to run pcsx2 on osx, go and learn how to use cairo and terminal and them come back when you're up to the task.

Well. How rude. I see from your profile that you're using Windows 7. In that case, what are you doing trolling in the OSX forum? You don't seem to have any other posts here, from what I saw of your post history, so why did you choose my topic to be rude in?

As for the Cairo/X11 Terminal issue, I can use Xterm again after restarting my computer, but ran out of time last night to test PSX2 again. I will return with more information.

Edit:
Back. still getting the libcairo error, record of xterm seen below.
Code:
bash-3.2$ cd /Applications/pcsx2/bin
bash-3.2$ ./pcsx2
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/X11/lib/libcairo.2.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/pcsx2/bin/./pcsx2
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap
bash-3.2$

I'm trying to figure out what I'm supposed to move to the x11/lib folder... after I FIND x11/lib...