Cant Install pcsx2
OMG i am at wits end with this comp >_< It's always got to be difficult!

So i recently had to get a new comp and was like, "HEY! I bet PS2 emulators are finally mature enough for me to gaf!" (having last checked them out YEARS ago)

So i head over to http://pcsx2.net/download/releases/windows.html and DL the standalone installer. Try to run it and it tells me 'the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely manner.' ...Ok.. run as administrator(because sometimes that just magically fixes things), nope. Thought maybe it was a corput DL so DL again, same. Tryed the webinstaller, same.

And unfortunately my googlefu is not producing any useful results.

Dear PCSX2 guru's, please help me figure out how to get this stuff on my comp. I wanna play my FF's and SO and everything else i still have in my giant cd books ;_;

Edit: system is win8

Sponsored links

Download the "Windows Binary" one. It's the bottom one on that same page and you don't have to install it for it to work. Granted that doesn't solve your problem of not being able to install it, but it does let you use the emu!
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Dose it really? Didn't realize, thought it was some sort of programmer voodoo version XD

Thank you for the tip! Though i managed to get it working using some of those weird-totally-shouldn't-work microsoft fixes i.e. i moved the .exe out of the download folder and POOF! it works...

Yeah, i don't get it either.

Worse yet! I was deciding which game to play first, plopped the disk in "PCSX2 can not open PSX image files"

XD Total fail! If i didn't feel silly before i totally do now ^_^;
is suggest you follow this : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-Co...tion-Guide
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(10-16-2013, 12:41 AM)SInkPhaze Wrote: Yeah, i don't get it either.

Worse yet! I was deciding which game to play first, plopped the disk in "PCSX2 can not open PSX image files"

XD Total fail! If i didn't feel silly before i totally do now ^_^;

PCSX2 is a PS2 emulator, it does not play PS1 games, if you want PS1 games get a PS1 emulator ;p
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]