Cant Use SSE3 or SSE41?
Hey guys, I have an AMD A6 3420M however I get "This CPU does not support SSE 4.01" and "This CPU does not support SSE 3.01". I've read that the latest instruction sets are better so I'd like to use them. I'm trying to play Dark Cloud and it only uses ~60% of my CPU and ~50% of my GPU but it runs very slow in most areas, I'm exploring every possible angle I can think of Smile.

Thanks!

Sponsored links

https://www.google.com/search?action=do_...d+sse+3.01
you get em squall!
[Main Computer] - CPU: I7 950 @ 3.2Ghz | GPU: Twin Nvidea GTS 450's SLI'd | RAM: 8GB DDR3 - 1600MHz | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | EMU: PCSX2 v1.0 | GS: GSdx32-SSE4 | SPU2: SPU2-X | PAD LilyPad | CDVD ****
What squall is trying to say in an non obvious way is your CPU doesnt support ither SSE 4.01 (subset of SSE4) or SSE 3.01 (better known as SSSE3, not to be confused with SSE3) as these features are reserved for intel processors of the AMD Bulldozer and above processors.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

damnit Refraction, don't handfeed them Tongue2, the first 3 hits said exactly that

Promote Self-help!!!!!
OP will just Google it if he wants to.

Laziness won.
(08-23-2012, 11:44 AM)refraction Wrote: What squall is trying to say in an non obvious way is your CPU doesnt support ither SSE 4.01 (subset of SSE4) or SSE 3.01 (better known as SSSE3, not to be confused with SSE3) as these features are reserved for intel processors of the AMD Bulldozer and above processors.

Thanks, that clears things up. From the Google results quotes like:

(04-24-2009, 12:53 PM)The Warrior Wrote: ok Look HolyDragon SSSE3 is Not SSE3.01, You can use SSE2 and SSE3 Plugins on your PC. SSSE3 and SSE4.1 is not rcommended if your PC Supports SSE2 and SSE3, PLZ Post all your PC specifications.

Got confusing because it only put me on the line of thinking: "what?". Any plans on supporting SSE3 or SSE4A? Are there any advantages?

(08-23-2012, 06:13 PM)Ice Queen Zero Wrote: OP will just Google it if he wants to.

Laziness won.

It was all good in theory until I had to register an account ... Sad It was 5:30am and I wanted to go to sleep XD

Thanks for the help guys.
Other forums have this mechanism where new users can't post for 3 days after registration, and instead can only lurk and read other people's posts. This has proved a very powerful system to drastically reduce asking questions which have been answered many times before..
In PCSX2 Program Log, you can see what you can do men

PCSX2 1.1.0.r5384 - compiled on Aug 19 2012
Savestate version: 0x9a090000

Host Machine Init:

x86 Features Detected:
MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX