Cant get it to work
Hi, Ive been trying to get a game working for a few hours now and cant seem to get any to work.

Sony interface comes up ie select date see memory cards ect..
but whenever I try to play a game playstation word/icon comes up and starts glitching and either crashes or goes back to the memory card/cd screen

tried a few different bios's and games are supposed to be compatible according to the list on site

pc specs:
cpu: e8400 3ghz
gpu: 4870
ram: 4gig

anyone know what im doing wrong?

Sponsored links

Which version of pcsx2? Also, which game are you trying to play?
[Image: 2748844.png]
0.9.6, crash bandicoot wrath of cortex and starocean till the end of time
Star Ocean requires activating the "Tri-ace" game fix from the gamefix options.

Not sure what's causing the problem with crash bandicoot. If you haven't done so yet, I'd double check the configuration guide in the forum and skim through it again to make sure all of your plugins are setup correctly.
[Image: 2748844.png]
I got star ocean to work with that tri-ace fix, but it still glitches when I load the game (ps2 words/logo) and then goes to black screen where if I click start a few times the main menu comes up, after getting in to the game it starts lagging heavily :/
Quote:tried a few different bios's and games are supposed to be compatible according to the list on site
First, it's only legal if you use your OWN BIOS file that you got from your Playstation 2 console. Else it's illegal and you will not get support here.

To get good speeds with Star Ocean you need to get the latest 1888 beta (from our download section) and use the new GSdx plugin it includes. Still it's a very demanding game so you might not get full speed
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Other than what Bositman has said.. what are your current settings for crash? maybe something you got set up is crashing it. Turn off all speed hacks and try again.
I've got crash to start working, but it has some bits of the screen near the top in transparent lines (mirroring some parts of the screen), if that makes sense Tongue lol. Otherwise it works perfectly, star ocean works, but its really laggy.

I'm using 1888 with the only things changed: graphics set to DSdx SSE41, cd rom to gigaherz 0.7.0 plugin (it wasn't loading any cd's with default one), Tri-Ace
(12-14-2009, 01:02 PM)Bluemarine Wrote: I've got crash to start working, but it has some bits of the screen near the top in transparent lines (mirroring some parts of the screen), if that makes sense Tongue lol. Otherwise it works perfectly, star ocean works, but its really laggy.

I'm using 1888 with the only things changed: graphics set to DSdx SSE41, cd rom to gigaherz 0.7.0 plugin (it wasn't loading any cd's with default one), Tri-Ace

For Star ocean I would suggest upping the VU cycle steal slider. upping it to 3-4 should be ok. upping it to 5 will kill your speed and give you false FPS. (4 does that too, but not as bad). It should be at a decent playable speed then.

your video card may be bottlenecking your performance. Your cpu seems powerful enough.

Update: just SO3 out. I'm on a C2D T7300 2.0 ghz with a geforce 8400m-gs. With the vu cycle stealing up to 4 notches(probably coulda done 3) i was able to get full speed out of the beginning FMV(minus the fact that it stuttered every 10 seconds to load the next voice track off the dvd. i suggest making an ISO of your disc before attempting to play as it loads animations and voices off the DVD on the fly)