Celsius - FFX-2 Save game editor
Is that the Japanese NTSC non-International version?

If the size of the save is different from 0x16270, the Offsets to values within the file are likely to be different. For example, in the European version the Offset for Yuna's Exp is 0x8204, Celsius reads the value at this location and calculates what Yuna's level is using a look-up table. Level 1 is 0 - 3 exp, so the value Celsius is reading from this location is 0 - 3.

The most important Offset is for the CRC of the save, this is set at 2 locations within the save, first is at the start of the save, second near the end of the save (Offset 0x16268 for the European version). If these are not set correctly the save will not be usable within the game. Obviously 0x16268 is well outside the size of your save.

The European save file does include a lot of empty space, it is likely SE just removed this from other versions in order to reduce the size of the save file and reduce load times.

I could have a look at supporting your version if you are willing to help out. You would have to zip up a memory card which includes a few saves at various stages of the game, with a text file with some information for each save and post it here.

Information I would require for each save :-
Gil
Current Exp for each character.
Current & Max HP for each character.
Current & Max MP for each character.
List of first 6 or so items in your Inventory (with amount of each)

This would certainly get the ball rolling. Let me know if you are interested.

Sponsored links

i downloaded the latest version....and when i open and try to read my save game memory card...it show me failed to open for reading?????help? thank
pc rig: i5 2500k + GTX 570 OC + 4gb ram + window vista 64x
If PCSX2 is running you must Eject the memory card in PCSX2 first.

Please read Post #24 and #29 on Page 3. These describe how to open non UK PAL versions of the game.
(08-22-2011, 08:10 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: Is that the Japanese NTSC non-International version?

If the size of the save is different from 0x16270, the Offsets to values within the file are likely to be different. For example, in the European version the Offset for Yuna's Exp is 0x8204, Celsius reads the value at this location and calculates what Yuna's level is using a look-up table. Level 1 is 0 - 3 exp, so the value Celsius is reading from this location is 0 - 3.

The most important Offset is for the CRC of the save, this is set at 2 locations within the save, first is at the start of the save, second near the end of the save (Offset 0x16268 for the European version). If these are not set correctly the save will not be usable within the game. Obviously 0x16268 is well outside the size of your save.

The European save file does include a lot of empty space, it is likely SE just removed this from other versions in order to reduce the size of the save file and reduce load times.

I could have a look at supporting your version if you are willing to help out. You would have to zip up a memory card which includes a few saves at various stages of the game, with a text file with some information for each save and post it here.

Information I would require for each save :-
Gil
Current Exp for each character.
Current & Max HP for each character.
Current & Max MP for each character.
List of first 6 or so items in your Inventory (with amount of each)

This would certainly get the ball rolling. Let me know if you are interested.

I think it is the Japanese NTSC non-International version.

Here's the save file in 7z file compression format:

http://www.mediafire.com/?wm3cw3p5psm9tpu

There are 3 save files and 1 readme text file altogether.
psem07 - I have attached a special build of Celsius with the Offsets I could determine from your save files. Could you verify that the values that are being displayed are the same as in-game.

I had to exclude some of the Abilities [Right Pistil, Left Pistil, Smasher-R, Crusher-L, Dextral Wing and Sinistral Wing]. These have strange offsets which I could not deduce from the saves you posted. If the test build is ok we can look into these further.

btw, does the Japanese description display properly when you load a save in Celsius?

Attached Files
.7z   BISLPS-25250-Offsets-Build.7z (Size: 464,04 KB / Downloads: 472)
(08-23-2011, 06:26 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: psem07 - I have attached a special build of Celsius with the Offsets I could determine from your save files. Could you verify that the values that are being displayed are the same as in-game.

I had to exclude some of the Abilities [Right Pistil, Left Pistil, Smasher-R, Crusher-L, Dextral Wing and Sinistral Wing]. These have strange offsets which I could not deduce from the saves you posted. If the test build is ok we can look into these further.

btw, does the Japanese description display properly when you load a save in Celsius?
Easily noticeable differences include the 'next exp' values.
Next Level Exp (in-game): Yuna = 2883, Rikku = 644, Paine = 2760.
Reflected values: Yuna = 30034, Rikku = 27556, Paine = 29635

The other noticeable difference is for Rikku's ability (I have already mastered 'first strike' and 'initiative' for her but that is not being reflected in the special build). Generally, I would say this special build is off to a good start. My thanks. Smile

Yes, the Japanese description is being displayed properly.

I have attached a zip file containing relevant JPEG screenshots of the values reflected by the special build.

Attached Files
.7z   FFX-2 save game values screenshots (special Celcius build).7z (Size: 650,77 KB / Downloads: 563)
psem07 - Oops, I had only adjusted Yuna's Ability offset. Attached build with Rikku + Paine Ability offsets fixed.

As for Next Level Exp, the game displays
Next = (Exp for next level) - (Exp current)
Celsius displays
Next = (Exp for next level)

FFX-2 is the only game I have that displays 'Next' like this, I always found it rather annoying, so I decided to display 'Next' as is. This is a design decision, not an error.

I asked about the Japanese text as it does not display correctly on my development machine, shows as underscores (eg 'FFX-2 [03] 18:36 ______________').

So I think we are good to look at the remaining Offsets - for this I need you to get some points in to the following :
1. Right Pistil - White Honey & Double HP
2. Left Pistil - Poison Leaves & Double HP
3. Smasher-R - Sleep Shell & Double HP
4. Crusher-L - Blind Shell & Double HP
5. Dextral Wing - Rock Wing & Double HP
6. Sinistral Wing - Cloudy Feather & Double HP

Don't Master them, just 1 fight for each, so as to get 3 or 4 points. This is how I would do it.
1. Transfer down to Thunder Plains, go to the save sphere and save.
2. Make a second save.
3. Boost levels to 99 in the second save, load second save in-game.
4. Equip girls with 'Unerring Path' garment grid (so you only need 1 Spherechange to enable Special Dressphere). Equip 'Iron Duke' & 'Key to Success' (to speed things up). [Add these while boosting levels if required]
5. Save again as second save.
6. Run round save sphere and fight mobs until you have a few points in each of the Abilities mentioned above.
7. Save as third save.
8. Post second & third save for me to look at with a text file describing how many points you got for each.

Many thanks for helping out with this, your patience is appreciated.

Attached Files
.7z   BISLPS-25250-Offsets-Build-2.7z (Size: 464,16 KB / Downloads: 418)
(08-24-2011, 04:17 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: psem07 - Oops, I had only adjusted Yuna's Ability offset. Attached build with Rikku + Paine Ability offsets fixed.

As for Next Level Exp, the game displays
Next = (Exp for next level) - (Exp current)
Celsius displays
Next = (Exp for next level)

FFX-2 is the only game I have that displays 'Next' like this, I always found it rather annoying, so I decided to display 'Next' as is. This is a design decision, not an error.

I asked about the Japanese text as it does not display correctly on my development machine, shows as underscores (eg 'FFX-2 [03] 18:36 ______________').

So I think we are good to look at the remaining Offsets - for this I need you to get some points in to the following :
1. Right Pistil - White Honey & Double HP
2. Left Pistil - Poison Leaves & Double HP
3. Smasher-R - Sleep Shell & Double HP
4. Crusher-L - Blind Shell & Double HP
5. Dextral Wing - Rock Wing & Double HP
6. Sinistral Wing - Cloudy Feather & Double HP

Don't Master them, just 1 fight for each, so as to get 3 or 4 points. This is how I would do it.
1. Transfer down to Thunder Plains, go to the save sphere and save.
2. Make a second save.
3. Boost levels to 99 in the second save, load second save in-game.
4. Equip girls with 'Unerring Path' garment grid (so you only need 1 Spherechange to enable Special Dressphere). Equip 'Iron Duke' & 'Key to Success' (to speed things up). [Add these while boosting levels if required]
5. Save again as second save.
6. Run round save sphere and fight mobs until you have a few points in each of the Abilities mentioned above.
7. Save as third save.
8. Post second & third save for me to look at with a text file describing how many points you got for each.

Many thanks for helping out with this, your patience is appreciated.

In order to read Japanese text correctly, you most probably need to change your regional settings and locale to Japanese. You can still read English correctly despite changing to Japanese settings.

Boost levels to 99? Can I save time by using the build 2 you sent me here? I also need to use the save game editor to help me 'get' the special dress sphere for Paine (I only have Yuna and Rikku's). I didn't know I had to get it in either Chapter 1 or 2 and I'm now in Chapter 3.

I should be saying many thanks for your patience and attention. You could have ignored me as I seem to be the only one here asking for Japanese NTSC game support in Celsius.
psem07 - Yes, you can use the editor from build 2 to modify your levels and give your characters the items you need.

Just make sure there are no 'Warning - Clamping' entries in Logging, these would tend to indicate that an offset is pointing to an incorrect location.

That is the reason for making 3 saves, the first one would be a safety save, that you can go back to if anything goes wrong.

I am keen to make Celsius available to as wide an audience as possible now that I'm happy with the feature set. Hopefully someone with the NA NTSC version (BASLUS-20672) would be willing to help out. It's also fun working with people on projects like this.

I copied build 2 on to my games machine and it seems to display the Japanese text ok, looks the same as your screenshot. Games machine is Windows 7 Professional x64, Dev machine is Windows 2008 Enterprise Server x64.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=29658]

Celsius also supports In-Memory editing, are you familiar with Cheat-Engine or ArtMoney? Would need one of these to find the location of the save within PCSX2's memory.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

err...can this save editor...edit the game complete percentage to 100%?....i search like mad for this...
pc rig: i5 2500k + GTX 570 OC + 4gb ram + window vista 64x