Celsius - FFX-2 Save game editor
Too long thread I did not followed, have nobody pointed to the dangers from emulator's version sstate content making the editor confuse?
Imagination is where we are truly real

Sponsored links

(08-30-2011, 02:13 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: I am confident that these offset values are correct, they appear near the start of the save and haven't been adjusted. Just need you to let me know if you see anything that looks wrong, no need to rush through the game to do this.

Thank you again for your assistance with this.

Hmm...anyway I will just attach the saves for publicity, marriage and Tower (along with offset values text file) here.

No worries, I won't rush through the game to do this. I think I will stop monitoring the rest of the subquests, unless you mean to say you really need the offset values for those to proceed with new build. Then I will probably reconsider. Other than that, I usually don't do minigames/subquests unless they are absolutely necessary to help me move on with the story and complete the game. They are very time-consuming so I don't feel enthusiastic about the whole thing.

Just my opinion here; build 4 is quite functional even without the minigames editing function. I just hope to download a new main build after you have incorporated all the character-based changes (i.e: all non-minigames stuff).

Thanks again for your attention and guidance.

Attached Files
.7z   Subquests_saves(PublicityMarriageTower).7z (Size: 32,84 KB / Downloads: 231)
New Release 1.4.0.4262 - see first post.

nosisab Ken Keleh - sstates, obviously these are not relevant for saved games (PSU, PS2).
As for In-Memory, the data used is basically from a copy of a save game stored contiguously in memory at a fixed location. No pointers are derefrenced to get/set data. Celsius uses manual refresh and does not allow 'freezing' of data, so the user is responsible for maintaining the integrity of cached data.
Celsius only gets/sets the required data points in memory, not the entire block.

psem07 - all the character based changes are included in the build + all the minigames are editable.
Wow, a new build! That's fast work, Scarlet.Crush.

Thanks for the new build. Going to try it out. Smile
Hi Scarlet.Crush

I loaded one of my saves into the latest Celsius Build and found that all my characters' levels are not accurately shown. They all remain as level one. The same occured for the rest of my saves. I then remembered to take a look at the log file and I saw a long list of error messages.

I have attached a JPEG file of those error messages for your reference.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

psem07 - did you check that your settings in Properties are the same as in the first image on the first page of this thread ?
Settings are stored on a per user basis in the Registry Key - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Scarlet.Crush Productions\Celsius. If you are logged on as a different User, or these settings have been deleted/modified by hand, Celsius will use default settings.
The errors show offsets (eg 0xC72A) which are above the size of your save (0xBB30), so it looks Celsius has defaulted to using European offsets instead of Japanese.
I have the NA version SLUS 20672. I am currently playing it through, and noticed you posted a request for some help with this version. What did you need exactly? Same as what was in the earlier post? Multiple saves with the information like max HP, etc?

If so, how far apart should the saves be? I'll try to get one in each chapter or so. Also, I assume the saves don't matter whether they originated from the same game, correct? (I have one my daughter started a few months ago.)

Assuming you do need one in each chapter, I'll be able to have a completed file for you to check over in about a month, as I'm nearing the end of Chapter 2. (Yeah, it takes me that long-job and family...and CoD on the 360.)
hypernova - your help would be greatly appreciated. Initially I would only require 2 or 3 saves, preferably with different character levels, gil and items. Doesn't matter which Chapter they are from.

If you can add a text file with the following details for each save -
Gil
Current Exp for each character
Current & Max HP for each character.
Current & Max MP for each character.
List of first 6 or so items in your Inventory (with amount of each)

This would give me sufficient data points to get started. Hope to hear from you soon.
Will do. I'll have a definitive third one here within the week from early Chapter 3 then.

I'm assuming it doesn't matter I'm playing off a HDD?

Also, concerning max HP and MP, you mean as it pertains to whatever dress sphere they currently have equipped, correct?
(09-05-2011, 07:07 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: psem07 - did you check that your settings in Properties are the same as in the first image on the first page of this thread ?
Settings are stored on a per user basis in the Registry Key - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Scarlet.Crush Productions\Celsius. If you are logged on as a different User, or these settings have been deleted/modified by hand, Celsius will use default settings.
The errors show offsets (eg 0xC72A) which are above the size of your save (0xBB30), so it looks Celsius has defaulted to using European offsets instead of Japanese.
Thanks for the reminder. Somehow it defaulted to European. So I quickly changed that. Since the last test build, I didn't change anything for my PC (as far I can remember). Your test build automatically detected my PC settings after I had loaded my saves.

By the way, I already have Unerring Path garment grid, but that is always shown as a black cross instead of a green diamond under the Garment Grid editing interface, what could the reason?

Another thing:

When I press F1 for help after loading a save, I instantly get an error message and Celsius would be forced to close.

7z file attached for your reference.

Attached Files
.7z   F1 help error message.7z (Size: 27,11 KB / Downloads: 231)