Certain background pictures in Fatal Frame have checkerboard-like squares
In some background pictures, such as the title screen and certain chapter/character introduction screens, they exhibit a grid in what resembles a checkerboard on it.  Usually, this is a problem with raising the internal resolution but I'm playing on OGL Software mode.  I know SW mode always run at the native resolution so I don't know what's causing this.  I know this is a regression because this problem didn't used to exist.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
The latest git.
All default except speedhacks are disabled and using OGL Software renderer with 4 SW threads.
Fatal Frame from ISO.
Could you post me a GS dump of the bad rendering.
Good news. It isn't a GS issue but a configuration issue. Code was updated so Texture Filtering option apply on the SW renderer. The windows GUI will soon be updated (Linux GUI is done). Unfortunately in the process I also break option compatibility. You need to setup Bilinear(PS2) in the GUI and it will be fine.
Thanks.
Due to bad code I changed the setting compatibility. I restored it in latest build. Hopefully the GUI will be updated soon enough