Champions Return to Arms--please Help
AMD FX-8320E Eight-Core Processor 3.2 GHz 
RAM 32 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition

System specs in a nut shell, 

so heres my problem, i have sat here for 2 damn days, and i cant get Champions to run smoothly at all, 
i have used the ssse4, sse3, sse2 
adapter set as my video card
renderer: direct 3D11 Hardware (Ive also tried software)

Allow 8 bit textures, 
internal resolution 2x native, 
texture filtering Bilinear PS2, also tried forced
crc hack level tried them all, 
Enable HW hacks checked, 

emulation settings under speed hacks, i have enabled and disabled everything not all at once but one checked 3 off viceversa, 
EE i have set on all settings, VU same. no matter what i do that ***** still just wont run properly is there something im doing wrong? 

yes i have installed the 4gb patch as well. 

if you have a fix for this please let me know, im really disappointed that i cant play one of my most favorite games, its been many years and i would like to be able to play it soon without killing myself to make the ***** work. 

thank you.

Sponsored links

Fast texture invalidation? You might not be able to get full speed with your pc, but that helps a ton.
#StopRNG
You don't need the 4gb patch anymore IIrc since 1.4.0

Edit : ouch. Just saw your CPU's STR is below 1400... I guess you'll have to keep playing it on your real ps2 console for now, until you can afford a better CPU...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
where is FAst Texture Invalidation located on PCSX2 1.4.0? i have never seen that.
It's an HW hack for ogl renderer in git versions.
That could help, but don't ecxpect miracles with that CPU...
where do you see the CPU's str? what is that exactly?
There
im just ***** then, thank you, maybe i can afford a upgrade in a couple years.
(05-02-2017, 08:09 AM)LuridDemise Wrote: im just ***** then, thank you, maybe i can afford a upgrade in a couple years.

Did you try a more recent version with fast texture invalidation? That option was made for this game. It helps a ton.
#StopRNG
(05-02-2017, 07:39 AM)jesalvein Wrote: It's an HW hack for ogl renderer in git versions.
That could help, but don't ecxpect miracles with that CPU...

Fwiw, actually it is in the middle of the texture cache code. So it ought to work with the Dx renderer too. But GL is better anyway Smile

Quote: Did you try a more recent version with fast texture invalidation? That option was made for this game. It helps a ton.
Agreed. You need both this hack (fast texture invalidation) and 8 bits texture. It is a real turbo for this game.