Champions of Norrath (NEW USER)
Champions of Norrath...Undoubtedly the most kick-ass game of my childhood I only desire to play this game on this emulator but this is possibly one of the most confusing emulators in existence...

Specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium SP 1
Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40Ghz
8GB of RAM
AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series (DX11 compatible)
PCSX2 Version 1.3.0 build 5911
and Champions of Norrath ISO version

I've done some research, i understand i have to hit F9 to switch to software mode in order to eliminate the half screen issue which is all well and fine and i have downloaded the most recent SVN (build 5911) which came out not even 4 hours ago. I also know my i7 will not give the best FPS but as long as i hold 30FPS, i'm completely contempt.

Simply put i don't 100% understand what i'm doing in the emulator, I'm running all default settings from the latest build. I ask that someone tell me how to set up the emulator for my build so i can play the game.

ALSO
I've read that the game is very buggy due to snow-blinds engine, i'm experiencing an issue with pop-in, the program log states that the GSdx is running out of memory and temporarily disables texturing. How would i increase the amount of ram or memory given to the emulator. I've heard mentions of a 4GB patch but don't know where to acquire it...

FURTHER MORE
I see lots of talk of being able to pick between your Direct X render method ie. dx9 - dx11 for software and Direct3d9/10/11 for hardware but have zero idea how to manually pick between said settings.

Any help is greatly appreciated, please fast response
THANK YOU!

Sponsored links

(02-22-2014, 10:30 PM)Legendslayer Wrote: Champions of Norrath...Undoubtedly the most kick-ass game of my childhood I only desire to play this game on this emulator but this is possibly one of the most confusing emulators in existence...

Specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium SP 1
Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40Ghz
8GB of RAM
AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series (DX11 compatible)
PCSX2 Version 1.3.0 build 5911
and Champions of Norrath ISO version

I've done some research, i understand i have to hit F9 to switch to software mode in order to eliminate the half screen issue which is all well and fine and i have downloaded the most recent SVN (build 5911) which came out not even 4 hours ago. I also know my i7 will not give the best FPS but as long as i hold 30FPS, i'm completely contempt.

Simply put i don't 100% understand what i'm doing in the emulator, I'm running all default settings from the latest build. I ask that someone tell me how to set up the emulator for my build so i can play the game.

ALSO
I've read that the game is very buggy due to snow-blinds engine, i'm experiencing an issue with pop-in, the program log states that the GSdx is running out of memory and temporarily disables texturing. How would i increase the amount of ram or memory given to the emulator. I've heard mentions of a 4GB patch but don't know where to acquire it...

FURTHER MORE
I see lots of talk of being able to pick between your Direct X render method ie. dx9 - dx11 for software and Direct3d9/10/11 for hardware but have zero idea how to manually pick between said settings.

Any help is greatly appreciated, please fast response
THANK YOU!

www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

DX11 Software mode should be the best

Goto Config > Video > Plugin Settings and look for the dropdown menu at the top

Also in the GSDx config, change extra rendering threads to 3. It's at the bottom

Also try enabling the MTVU speedhack

Goto Config > Emulation Settings > Speedhacks.
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
Phillips 23.6" 1920x1080 IPS
(02-22-2014, 10:41 PM)Donovan24 Wrote: www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

DX11 Software mode should be the best

Goto Config > Video > Plugin Settings and look for the dropdown menu at the top

Also in the GSDx config, change extra rendering threads to 3. It's at the bottom

Also try enabling the MTVU speedhack

Goto Config > Emulation Settings > Speedhacks.

Thanks a bunch man, my hero
How do i rep up you?
response was fast, clean and concise and answered all my questions!

EDIT: Already plus repped Donovan24
REQUEST THREAD CLOSURE PROBLEM RESOLVED, QUESTIONS ANSWERED
(02-22-2014, 10:57 PM)Legendslayer Wrote: Thanks a bunch man, my hero
How do i rep up you?

There is a little plus symbol under his post. You can also click on his repuation number and then click rate user.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(02-22-2014, 10:57 PM)Legendslayer Wrote: Thanks a bunch man, my hero
How do i rep up you?

EDIT: Already plus repped Donovan24
REQUEST THREAD CLOSURE PROBLEM RESOLVED, QUESTIONS ANSWERED

Glad I could help.

Enjoy your game Smile
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz