Change Hotkeys?
Hi guys!

Sorry if this has been asked before, but can you change hotkeys bindings, in this case save and load state? I would like to bind them, to the controller actually, maybe on directional arrows, if I am moving with an analog stick. It would be easier than reaching out for the keyboard millions of times to quickload, especially if I am sitting away from keyboard!

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored links

F1,F2 and F3 w/c are permanent save states key
f1-save state
f2-save state slots
f3-load selected state slot

and they are fixed and cannot be re-binding in other ways.

otherwise the alternate way is you need a ps4 controller and a ds4windows installed and the ps4 controller act as a save/load state button instead of full controller
like bind the O button as F1,/_\ as F2 and X as F3.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Without an external program,you cannot do that but in the inis folder you will find a file named PCSX2_keys.inis,you can change the keys from there but only to some other keyboard keys

For an external program(since I don't have a PS controller),I use either Autohotkey or AnitMicro(this one is easier)
(01-23-2021, 02:07 PM)vsub Wrote: Without an external program,you cannot do that but in the inis folder you will find a file named PCSX2_keys.inis,you can change the keys from there but only to some other keyboard keys

For an external program(since I don't have a PS controller),I use either Autohotkey or AnitMicro(this one is easier)

perhaps other generic or other brand controller and xpadder is installed is another-alternative way.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(01-23-2021, 02:45 PM)smartstrike Wrote: perhaps other generic or other brand controller and xpadder is installed is another-alternative way.

I have been using xpadder before but AniMicro is better and it doesn't require installation
There is a way to do it, but not very intuitive, you copy PCSX2_keys.ini.default to inis (don't destroy the original), remove .default from it and change stuff in there and depending if it's portable/stable it will also reflect this in the GUI. Portable will only reflect the default in the GUI. In the future there should be an easier way, still room for improvements.