Changing Hotkey Device?
(01-04-2016, 01:26 AM)LotusCS Wrote: Well darn. This is the last step in my perfect living room PC. I have everything else set exactly how I want it. I, and I'm sure many others, am just going to have to sit and wait for it to be implemented then. Sounds like it's going to be a while. That sucks.

http://joytokey.net/en/download

You haven't even tried it, have you?

Sponsored links

I'm not a fan of software workarounds that run in the background like that. I've seen multiple suggestions of that (and xpadder), and would much rather just have everything work natively.
If you want to spend money on a new controller, you can do what I did and buy a PlayStation 4 controller, then connect with DS4Windows. It will map the PS button to any function you want (I have it to F9), and in addition you can use the trackpad as a mouse substitute which is super convenient when you game in another room than where your PC sits. Also, it is all around a better controller than the 360 one, especially the D-pad.

The DS4Windows program is super inobtrusive, stays in the background, and I have yet to encounter any "hackiness" or issues with it. More than worth it to me. YMMV of course, but I cannot recommend it enough. (Caveat: I use it wired. Don't know if wireless is as convenient as wired)
CPU: i7 4790K  GPU: MSI GTX980
RAM: 16 GB DDR4  OS: Windows 7 64-bit
(01-03-2016, 07:27 PM)willkuer Wrote: Why revamp/cleanup?
Because I remember there was that OSX porter guy that wanted to refine WX or something like that

(01-04-2016, 01:49 AM)willkuer Wrote: Joy2key

For the third time...
The point is, that it's not ideal. That's it.
If someone sends a PR, we'll consider it. Otherwise, it seems the current devs are not interested in working on such feature.