Changing memory cards during play
Excl Hey is it possible to change mem cards with the game still running? Because I'm playing FFXII , and halfway through playing, the memcards failed on me, it also won't savestate, so I'm basically going to lose my progress =/ Help please?

Sponsored links

Yeah, when running the game press the "Esc" key to return to the main menu, then do "config > memcards" and choose the new one.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(04-10-2010, 10:23 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Yeah, when running the game press the "Esc" key to return to the main menu, then do "config > memcards" and choose the new one.

But how do I get back to the game without restarting it?
Then do "Run > execute".
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Thankyou =] x
Okay, it still won't detect the memory cards :/ what do I do?
What are you doing exactly? Loading a state then trying to load from memcard? If 'eject memcards when loading states' is checked in the memcard dialog, it will do just that
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(04-10-2010, 09:31 PM)Demiurgo Wrote: Excl Hey is it possible to change mem cards with the game still running? Because I'm playing FFXII , and halfway through playing, the memcards failed on me, it also won't savestate, so I'm basically going to lose my progress =/ Help please?

Why it doesn't save state ??? The only solution in your case is:

1- Save a state beside the save crystal
2- Format your pcsx2 memory card, through the PS2 main screen. (Start the emulator without disc or image to get there)
3- Load the state
4- Save the game in the newly formatted memory card
5- Close the emulator
6- Open again, load the game, use the fresh and new save from memory card
[Image: pibjimh9rqzvk1yz5kl.jpg]

I change my cards without problems
Esc=>change the card=>Run=>Execute
You just have to wait a couple of seconds before pcsx2 start reading the the card