Cheat Code .pnach files
I'm trying to get some cheat codes working for SMT Nocturne since I don't want to have several hours grinding for exp and Macca and I'm following a guide pretty well except for when it comes to the notepad file part.  I can't find a way to turn it from a .txt file to a .pnach file even after renaming it .pnach before putting it in the cheats folder, it always saves as a .txt file.  Am I missing something or is there another way to solve this issue?

Sponsored links

You need to go here, so you can see the real extension    

When you're saving the document in notepad you can also change the filetype to "all files" that will stop it putting .txt on the end
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(12-03-2020, 02:28 AM)refraction Wrote: You need to go here, so you can see the real extension

When you're saving the document in notepad you can also change the filetype to "all files" that will stop it putting .txt on the end

But then I can't open it using Notepad, am I supposed to put the cheat codes into the file while it's still .txt then change it to a .pnach file?
why can't you open it using notepad ?
basically, you can open anything in notepad, so what prevents you to do so ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Once it's a pnach file you can open it with Notepad or Wordpad, just right click the file -> Open With -> Then select Notepad or Wordpad.
-PC Specs-
AMD Ryzen 3600
16gb DDR4 Corsair 3200mhz
MSI Armor Radeon RX580 8gb 
Windows 10 Pro x64 
-Laptop Specs-
i7 6700HQ @ 2.9Ghz
8gb DDR3 
GTX 960m 4GB
Windows 10 Pro x64
1.Open the file in notepad(or just open notepad and paste your codes)
2.File=>Save as=>from "Save as type" choose "All files" and then for a name type the crc and add .pnach
That way you will save it with pnach extension

Also when the file have pnach extension and you want to edit something to it,in notepad you just need File=>Save or close notepad and save