Cheat Help.
So I downloaded the cheat editor converted and Omni convert but I am stuck.

I have the games CRC code, but I don't know what to do from there onwards.

Where do I paste the cheat codes and what to I do with the CRC code?
I want to modify experience modifier to like 8x or something.

Any help??
the version 2.1.2.1 gave me this error "pcsx2 a file could not be created scph39001.nvm"
I am using NTSC(it prompts before the launch of the game to select either of them)
a screen shot of my screen after i quit the game

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Use the omniconverter to conver the cheats to raw format then use the multiconverter, copy the raw codes in the left window that is name put the raw codes below , copy the crc code in the crc window put the game name in the game title click the to pnach button and save the pnach in your cheat folder
(02-06-2014, 01:50 PM)gladiator Wrote: Use the omniconverter to conver the cheats to raw format then use the multiconverter, copy the raw codes in the left window that is name put the raw codes below , copy the crc code in the crc window put the game name in the game title click the to pnach button and save the pnach in your cheat folder

If the codes still don't work after all this there would be 2 factors involved.

1. You don't have the right gameshark version you converted the codes to. Yes its a pain that you have to find the correct version.

2. Simply the codes themselves don't work.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
Where do I get the gameshark and where do I activate it?
(02-09-2014, 10:13 AM)YoloSwag Wrote: Where do I get the gameshark and where do I activate it?

Gameshark 2 is a cd based cheat device meant for the actual PS2 console (the brand include devices for many consoles).

It may work with the emulator but that's not granted in all cases. Since the device is hardware oriented is not the case for an emulator to adapt to it but if was the interest it would be the case the device creators adapting it to the emulator.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(02-09-2014, 01:44 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Gameshark 2 is a cd based cheat device meant for the actual PS2 console (the brand include devices for many consoles).

It may work with the emulator but that's not granted in all cases. Since the device is hardware oriented is not the case for an emulator to adapt to it but if was the interest it would be the case the device creators adapting it to the emulator.

Never heard of this before, the threads I read all had me do funny things with coding and pnach files.

I don't understand any of this why is it so hard.
(02-09-2014, 01:51 PM)YoloSwag Wrote: Never heard of this before, the threads I read all had me do funny things with coding and pnach files.

I don't understand any of this why is it so hard.

That's because devices like codebreaker, gameshark and several others are standalone cheat devices for actual consoles.

Each one has it's own way to encrypt codes which works like a kind of copy protection effectively disguising the real value for the memory address and the values to put in there. So the need to decrypt it to raw so to point to actual addresses where actual values are pushed.

Besides they have their own way to treat special codes which do more than just push values on specific addresses.

Pnach is a proper PCSX2 cheat engine based on such devices and the "extended" made it able to understand and process some of those special codes.

If going to buy an actual cheat device, be it codebreaker or gameshark, be aware they are meant for the real console and aren't granted to work with all games on the emulator.

The usage is simple, insert the device's ISO and play it as it was a game, from this point the cheat engine takes the control and allows you to check the wanted codes from their list (of games codes) and then itself will try and load the actual game's ISO for the emulator's processing.

Edit: Let's try and put it clear, cheat devices are actual hardware devices you buy and inserts to the console. Later it became just a CD to be inserted on the console and then swapped to the actual game's DVD after the cheat engine seated itself on the console's memory and from where is in real control of the processing flow.
Imagination is where we are truly real