Cheat discs
I know this has probably been asked before, but does anybody know a sure fire way on the latest build of PSXC2 of getting the Action Replay discs working
I am running:
Windows 10 Home 64 bit
4Ghz i7 4790k
AMD Radeon 7900HD Sapphire Edition(Don't know exact number, was second hand from a friend as a gift)
16gb of RAM
Dual Monitor setup, I run PSXC2 on my left monitor while I run chats and stuff on my right.
Thought I would post my stats to see if it could help

Sponsored links

why do you need the discs? You can just put the codes in a pnach and pcsx2 takes care of the rest...
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit
I would as well highly recommend the pnach system.

Still I thought action replay codes/disks work...
If you really insist on solving the issue: Can you post the full emulog after you observed the problem?
The action replay codes/disks work actually, just select the codes you want and then press start and choose to play with codes then it'll ask you to put the game, change the disk or the iso and then select swap and it'll start.
See this video it may help you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFPH2pOuP9I
There's no need for that outdated stuff to be honest. The pnach method is far more efficient, and allows you to update/change codes without having to go through the hassle of opening up the codebreaker disc first. Even adding and enablling/disabling is faster via pnach.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
I think PCSX2 needs internal cheat manager like the one in Dolphin, It'll make it easier for everyone to change, edit , add , and enable/disable.
Or cheat plugin such as ( PEC ) in ePSXe.
Anyway I don't care too much about cheating but I think it'll be a great feature if you guys decided to add it in the future
We already have the pnach system.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
Adding, editing, and enabling/disabling codes is not easy with the pnach system, that's why I prefer to use the codebreaker disk - though it may take longer time to use codes - .
If you tried the (PEC) in ePSXe for instance you'll know what I'm talking about, with (PEC) you can enable/disable codes in the middle of the game, also adding a new game or new cheat is very easy because it's just editing the txt file.
Quote:If you tried the (PEC) in ePSXe for instance you'll know what I'm talking about, with (PEC) you can enable/disable codes in the middle of the game, also adding a new game or new cheat is very easy because it's just editing the txt file.

It's exactly what the pnach system do, albeit a little complicated.
If you want to add cheats on a middle of a game, just open the pnach file, put your codes, save, then refresh the log. Wanna make a pnach for a game? Just run the game, copy the CRC, then paste it as the txt's name. Then continue with the procedure above when adding cheats. There are lots of frontends too for easier patch-making.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
Pcsx2 is lacking a nice user interface for pnach handling that's true. As there are a lot of gui changes recently and some new coders around I think sooner or later we will also get something similar. For now one either has to manually change the pnaches or use a 3rd party software.