CheatEngine crashes with PCSX2
Hi Guys,

i've got a problem with CheatEngine and PCSX2 v 0.9.8 (r4600) i tried to cheat in Final Fantasy X and now i'm working on a boss, so i changed the Healthbar to 9999 for a Bestia. So i put all addresses to CheatEngine which was easier for me than find the right address. First everything worked out but after i destroyed the boss PCSX2 crashed and i need it to restart it. But now after a few attacks with CheatEngine active PCSX2 crashes the whole time.

So what went wrong maybe someone knows how to fix it.

Sponsored links

You cannot randomly change all those addresses you found. You will need to take the time and change one at a time and defeat the boss to see which is the correct value and not change the others. I do alot of this and I have experienced what you have. Once I took my time and only dealt with one addy at a time, my results were much better.

also upgrade to 1.0 and ensure you arent using any cheats with this game. It can get a little picky.
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit
First thanks a lot. But i think i know what the Problem is the BIOS mismatches at the save state so i think that's the actual problem because i saw it in the status window. But if this shouldn't be the problem i'll try the other stuff you said.

Edit
I think you're right it crashes always so i try to convert the Action Replay Codes into RAW. Because i'm not so patient to find tge right address
I think that is not the idea of cheatengine. Creating cheats normally doesnt take much time and if you want to use published cheats you can just use the pnach-files
I disapprove THE CHEAT ENGINE,i believe is not really much effective in many cases.
Mixing save states and cheat engine is something i dont recommend. It caused all sorts of hell for me. When i use cheat engine, I always save to a mem card as soon as possible, reload the game and continue editing values. I rarely have issues using this method.
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit
I create a save state and then start changing addresses(I don't use CE)and if I don't like the result,I just load the save state.
When I'm done searching for cheats,I restart pcsx2 and either load a memory card save or the save state I made before started editing values.