Cheating, the easy way
How do you find the base address or does that not apply to pcsx2 games?

On my computer, Vaan's total hp bonus from leveling is at 10CE1C10. Will it be that for everybody?

Sponsored links

Thumbs Up 
thanks for the easy guide Saiki Smile
nice job
thanks to you now i can cheat more often Tongue
Ya, reloaded pcsx2 and the addresses are different now...

How do I find where the ps2 main memory is started at?

EDIT: Nvm, answered my own question. It's pcsx2-r3878.exe+3FB698. Which means that the OP's method is bogus. The patch file shouldn't work, and if it does he can't share it Tongue
The OP method is correct but he didn't mention of important thing.
This method(of creating .pnach using the value that CE find)is working ONLY if you use any newer rev of pcsx2 than r4029 because since r4029 the base address is fixed(on older revs you have to find the base address)

I don't know what this option in CE do "Usermode",I use ArtMoney to find cheats
Ahh, thats useful!

"Usermode" means that it limits its address search to memory the process uses. 99% of the time that is what you want, the less memory you scan the better. "All" means that it searches everything, including system dlls in the address space.
(03-23-2011, 07:25 AM)vsub Wrote: The OP method is correct but he didn't mention of important thing.
This method(of creating .pnach using the value that CE find)is working ONLY if you use any newer rev of pcsx2 than r4029 because since r4029 the base address is fixed(on older revs you have to find the base address)

that's not actually true, as long as it runs the address should work. you just can't restart the emulation. I'll test it again on an older revision later to verify this. (as you can see, I only need to search twice to get that code)
The point was CE address to .pnach cheat
On any older version than r4029 you can't just copy the address that CE find and paste it into pnach(and the code will work)

And you find the cheat in two tried because you are:
1.Searching for something in a game that don't have any special calculating methods...it's just what you see
2.You are searching for really big value and finding such values is easy with any program of that type(even with the build in pnach finder in the old gui of pcsx2)
I have multiple patches I created floating about, I will test various ones.

edit: tested it, it's true, these only work while emulation is on right now.
too bad the newer revs aernt released for public use yet
would make finding addresses a helluva lot faster than it is now

also question, if u already have cheats set in the pnatch, is there a way to add them to CE to see how the values are implemented/stored? (im use to dec, the pnatch addresses are hexdec and i havent been very successful in doing it myself yet)

it would really help in finding other addresses considering similar variables are never far from each other (ie. health, mana, and EXP are always in the same address block on any rpg)
"A celestial descends onto Earth to give advice.
Buuuut, for me they're all advice that can't be put to action."  -Tenshi Hinanawi

R5 5600x @ 3.8 GHz; 32GB 2666MHz; GA AX370-Gaming K5-CF; EVGA GTX 1070

If you are using newer rev than r4029,you can just put the code in CE but the first digit of the address is 2.
If you use older version,you have to find the base address first and then with calculator to find what address will be in CE.