Cheating, the easy way
Wouldn't really call this the easy way. Cheat Engine can be just as complicated as translating Codebreaker codes to RAW. Its just a different method.

Sponsored links

This is a guide on how to create cheats yourself,not convert already created cheats from some cheating device to .pnach
Ah right. That. Titles a little ambiguous.
oh well, guess it doesnt get any easier than that till a new rev gets OKd for pub release
"A celestial descends onto Earth to give advice.
Buuuut, for me they're all advice that can't be put to action."  -Tenshi Hinanawi

R5 5600x @ 3.8 GHz; 32GB 2666MHz; GA AX370-Gaming K5-CF; EVGA GTX 1070

Latest Rev has no changes to the cheating system, I can tell you that as I'm running it. So I don't expect they'll be changing anything for Next Public Release.
What is easy is that on any rev after r4029 when you use some cheating program(ArtMoney,Cheat Engine and so on)you don't have to calculate the address you find to the address you can use on pcsx2 with .pnach

ArtMoney have a feature to calculate the address to what pcsx2 use but because since r4029 the address is starting from 20000000,the only difference is the 2 at the begging,so no calculation is needed anymore
(03-23-2011, 12:07 AM)devek Wrote: EDIT: Nvm, answered my own question. It's pcsx2-r3878.exe+3FB698. Which means that the OP's method is bogus. The patch file shouldn't work, and if it does he can't share it Tongue
I stated I was using an SVN copy (44xx at time of posting, the memory bug has been fixed a LONG time). I have not used a beta since 1888. I build weekly and am CONSATLY trying out the new ones. Things that don't work in the beta will slip my attention, because I do not face them. bring it to my attention politely and I will correct things. Furthermore, my patch is 100% CORRECT, and you would know that if you tried it.

on another note.. I tested CE6.0 and there are no major differences. things only got rearanged, so it is no different other than that.
I wasn't aware releases in the future would work differently and vsub corrected me on that, for which I replied "That's useful!" Smile You shouldn't be surprised of misunderstandings when you're using stuff that doesn't work with any copies of pcsx2 that people can actually download. Either way, sorry about that.

it just has to be built, but it's publicly available. I do believe it works with 3113 though (again I could be wrong though)
Oh noes, it says my version of cheat engine is expired!

(You think after 5 years or so it would get old, but it startled me this year AGAIN. Tongue)