Cheats don't work, NEED HELP!
I've been trying to get some cheats I got in FFX to work but for some reason I keep getting "widescreen hacks" where there aren't any and still no cheats get loaded. I've tried multiple ways to get this fixed but now I'm at the end of my rope here. Any thoughts?

Sponsored links

There are a number of reasons cheats may not be working, either from a mispelling of pnach (not pnatch), the adding of a .txt extension (gotta disabl that), or pnach being put in the wrong folder.

But if it's just FFX you need, you are better off not using pnach cheats as they can make the game very buggy. Use the save editor instead.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-FFXED-Fin...ave-Editor
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

I'm not too concerned with the bugs, I'm just trying to figure out why these widescreen hacks keep popping up. Hell, even the cheats I got with pcsx2 don't work. As for the save editor, I'll look into that as a last resort because I've had issues with with others like it; I've tried omniconvert and cheat engine, got nothing out of that.
Okay, tried the save editor, I think I'm missing something from it because there's no real program I can find to edit my saves. After I did some experimenting its just FFX that won't use cheats for some reason...?
(03-29-2014, 05:14 PM)MasterJester Wrote: Okay, tried the save editor, I think I'm missing something from it because there's no real program I can find to edit my saves. After I did some experimenting its just FFX that won't use cheats for some reason...?

Something's wrong, but we can't tell you what's wrong if you give us no meaningful information.

No cheats found means the pnach file name is wrong or it is out the expected folder as already informed.

So, unless you tell us the exact file name and where it is stored, that's the extent we can try and help you.
Imagination is where we are truly real
ffx cheats fine. Made, edited and converted many cheats for various versions
(03-29-2014, 05:34 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Something's wrong, but we can't tell you what's wrong if you give us no meaningful information.

No cheats found means the pnach file name is wrong or it is out the expected folder as already informed.

So, unless you tell us the exact file name and where it is stored, that's the extent we can try and help you.

Place: This PC/Doc/PCSX2/cheats_ws. And the file is the same as the game CRC. I made sure of that, so maybe in the wrong place? Also I've tried using cheat engine, and I'm pretty sure I'm messing that up somehow but getting better
Cheats_ws is widescreen hacks. You need regular cheats folder. If it's not there, you can make it.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Stupid question, if I make said folder, where would I put it?
same place you found the cheats_ws folder.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD