Cheats not working for PCSX2
Thumbs Down 
So I've been to several threads and followed every step...and no matter what I do the cheats seem to just not work ever.

PCSX2 1.1.0.r5766

Final Fantasy 12 [SLUS 20963] (U) [0779FBDB]

I've even tried running as administrator but it just seems to ignore the cheats.

any help for this noob is appreciated...and yes I enabled cheats...sigh

.pnach   0779FBDB.pnach (Size: 2,5 KB / Downloads: 2.088)

Sponsored links

well I feel like an idiot...I just installed 1.2.1 and suddenly cheats are working...If I have any further issues I'll come back...

Sorry if I wasted anyones timeBlush
Beyond most codes in the file are all wrong, what is the actual message, PCSX2 can't find the file or the cheats aren't working as expected?

Edit after your second post, despite you saying they are working, many codes in there make no sens or are just wrong, this situation is like a time bomb.

Just to give you an idea:

patch=1,EE,00316070,extended,24420019

the address starting with 0 tells "extended" the value is byte length but it is written as "word"

many are the codes in there with the same characteristics.

more, you should not use the "Enable codes", master codes or any specific cheat device out there uses.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(02-04-2014, 09:23 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Beyond most codes in the file are all wrong, what is the actual message, PCSX2 can't find the file or the cheats aren't working as expected?

The cheats weren't working...no error message. But for some reason after updating to 1.2.1 they seem to work suddenly...even though the patch file is apparently all wrong...FYI I downloaded it from here Huh

After one fight I leveled up and have tonnes of LP...

If I have any further issues I'll be back. Thanks for the response Smile
(02-04-2014, 09:23 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Beyond most codes in the file are all wrong, what is the actual message, PCSX2 can't find the file or the cheats aren't working as expected?

Edit after your second post, despite you saying they are working, many codes in there make no sens or are just wrong, this situation is like a time bomb.

the address starting with 0 tells "extended" the value is byte length but it is written as "word"

I never had any problems using a code list with the master code(s) on it. I think PCSX2 just ignores it just doesn't do anything at all. It doesn't mess up the other codes though.
more, you should not use the "Enable codes", master codes or any specific cheat device out there uses.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
Strange because when I use the codes from

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-your...hes-here#F

I get no results but when using the one I provided the loot and XP instantly work...however when I tried to use LP the game crashed
@fade2black

If you never had issues with them this does not mean these non pnach implemented codes can't do harm.

Since they won't help and since they might harm, and since one may want to keep them for completeness case it comes to be implemented someday... advise users to comment them, but don't incentive their usage just now.

So can you give me an example on how to correct them? Like I said I downloaded this from this website and am pretty new to this. even with disabling codes my game seems to crash whenever I try to unlock a license
(02-04-2014, 09:49 PM)Spetsnaz Wrote: Strange because when I use the codes from

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-your...hes-here#F

I get no results but when using the one I provided the loot and XP instantly work...however when I tried to use LP the game crashed

See, those codes with "full" meaningless digits at the value field starting with 0 were originally starting with 2 and having "word" as explicit length token.

The problem is once upon a time there were users advising changing all start digits to 0 while others advised changing all them to 2. This was forced to "short" which starts with 1 and actually crashes the emulator.

This only shows how those explicit tokens (byte, short and word) just contributed to confusion and mistakes.

change all those codes with that characteristic to start with 2 (so to tell extended they are "word" length as they were once).

Those codes with non significant digits, like 00000000 are a pain to know their actual length and yes, telling the pnach engine the wrong length is BAD news, does not matter if all digits are all 0.

This is because the engine will fill the field length with the information of it's length if you inform a game's byte field, like for example item codes or item quantities are commonly to be, as many status also with "word" length you will be erasing adjacent fields with unpredictable results.

The inverse applies although less damaging, if you fill a word length field with a byte, the worst thing would be the cheat might fail to do as expected but without other harm.

Edit: may be useful to some people. When using "extended"

byte: only the two rightmost digits (a byte) will be poked at the given memory address (address starting with zero tells this length)

short: short are 2 bytes length, so they are the 4 rightmost digits and two bytes will be forced on the address (address starts with 1)

word: 4 bytes, all 8 digits will be pushed on memory, even if some or all are zeroes (address starts with 2).

Any other starting digits are special codes and pnach can deal with just a few of them.

of course, even if the value is a full word of significant digits and you tell pnach it's a byte length, only the two leftmost will be pushed, all other digits will be ignored even if not 0.
The reason you cheats aren't working is because 0779FBDB.pnach codes are written wrong. The LETTERS ARE uppercase in your patch & has EXTENDED instead of word. patch=1,EE,000(FFFFE),(extended),00000252, GO THROUGH THEM, CHANGE (EXTENDED) TO WORD & (MAKE THE LETTERS LOWERCASE) ((((LIKE THIS! patch=1,EE,000ffffe,word,00000252)))) Also don't change the (patch=1,EE) LEAVE THE (EE) UPPERCASE BUT THE REST OF THE LETTERS SHOULD BE LOWERCASE. PLEASE REPLY!

I got mine working just fine with this method.