Cheats not working for disk in tray
I have a physical copy of Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando. I can rip it to an iso, but I wanted to try playing it from the tray. I made a pnach with the crc which I got online, used omniconvert, the whole song and dance I've done half a dozen times.
But the cheats won't work.

I pulled the log from the console and as far as I can tell it is registering the CRC for the iso I last selected, rather than the game I am playing.

I am on my phone at the moment, but I can give more details later when I get back to my PC.

Edit: I want to clarify, this is about getting cheats to work with physical copies, I know the simple answer is to rip an iso.

Sponsored links

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I definitely misread the console log, also I believe I am using the wrong CRC. Including the emulog just in case.

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 86,38 KB / Downloads: 71)
So I cleared the log and restarted the emulator. Attaching the clean log and from what I can see the CRC goes undetected on line 65, then identifies the CRC on line 69.  I am confused.

Edit: I posted the clean log.

Attached Files
.txt   log.txt (Size: 7,42 KB / Downloads: 69)
Ok. So,2 things :
1- are you performing a full boot or fast boot ?
2- pcsx2 1.4.0 is old and unsupported. Please upgrade
(01-09-2021, 12:15 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Ok. So,2 things :
1- are you performing a full boot or fast boot ?
2- pcsx2 1.4.0 is old and unsupported. Please upgrade

I always full boot to minimize errors.

I am on 1.6.0 according to my executable, though something in the log says otherwise so I will do a clean install.
Alright. Fast boot may be required in order to recognize your dvd crc
(01-09-2021, 02:47 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Alright. Fast boot may be required in order to recognize your dvd crc

After a clean install and a fast boot, the crc still isn't being recognized for patching purposes.

Attached Files
.txt   log.txt (Size: 5,59 KB / Downloads: 83)
Quote:Elf entry point @ 0x00131ae8 about to get recompiled. Load patches first.
Found Cheats file: 'B3A71D10.pnach'
Loaded 2 Cheats from 'B3A71D10.pnach' at 'C:\Users\Elisha Trujillo\Documents\PCSX2\cheats'
Overall 2 Cheats loaded
GSdx Lookup CRC:B3A71D10
Apparently, it is...
Now I am just confused. Oh well, thank you for your help.