Checking why game runs better on 1 pc, just double checking why
^ yeah, a better architecture also provides a good increase in performance so, that might justify the increase in the performance but, still to be on the safer side please provide the details I asked on my previous post.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction

Sponsored links

I'm back I reinstalled Windows on the more powerful bedroom pc (4770 not 4790 as I thought so clock speed is about same as my other)

Now that has framerate drops at same time, I mean in the same areas which I assume are more cpu intensive just makes no sense how it worked before I reinstalled windows unless as I thought its a driver issue with Nvidia, I mean the pc is a beast and still drops to 40fps

As I say the EE and GS seem to be around 50% on average and sometimes up to 62% yet Vice City Stories works far better but still has a few fps drops though I know they sometimes have lag on real consoles.
Try using software mode and set extra rendering threads to 4 and check again.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Now this is strange, if I start in software mode then press f9 to switch I get a solid 60fps, even if at that point I close emulator it remembers I am not in software mode.

Strange behavior.

EDIT: Also I checked if I start in hardware mode then change to software then back I get the fps drops only when starting with software then switching to hardware with f9(I assume that is what it does) do I get the solid fps.
Do you mean, you get 60fps at hardware mode after switching from software to hardware mode ?
- Refraction
(02-23-2015, 05:02 AM)ssakash Wrote: Do you mean, you get 60fps at hardware mode after switching from software to hardware mode ?

Yes and not the other way round, when I start in software and press f9 its a solid 60fps even if I close emulator and come back to it.

I also notice emulator just freezes if I try to use opengl and software mode for directX makes thte GS 100% and 30 or 25 fps until I switch it to hardware.
That's natural, software mode uses the extra threads of your processor and you get better speeds.
- Refraction
I am a little confused, so if I press F9 in software mode does it then switch to hardware mode? As thats when I get the solid 60fps.
Yes, it switches back to hardware mode. Does that mean you don't get 60fps on software mode ?
- Refraction
No its 25fps or 30 max on software and 100% GS, when I click F9 thats when I get 60fps as its switched back to hardware mode.

Either way this is with DirectX11 (software) selected in plugin settings if I set it in plugins both hardware and software mode have the huge fps drops.

I am not sure if its some trigger somewhere.