Childhood game poor performance lag (desperatly need help:)
Seems to be a game issue, not pcsx2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdVDT8rzPOg
Try increase EE cyclerate to +1

Btw. is far away from "(really slow motion)" for me Smile Anyway looks like it was like this on real PS2, so increasing EE speed should help.

Sponsored links

(07-24-2018, 07:45 AM)TkSilver Wrote: Turn on MTVU and 8 bit textures also set your resolution lower if you don't want to keep dropping into the 40's when your EE spikes to 100% like it does during those 2 time stamps.

This game is deceptively resource heavy (much much much more then Ace combat 5\0)

This made a noticeable difference but still lags like crazy in certain parts. put the resolution all the way down to native too. If I upgrade my processor, will that make a difference?

p.s. you're high as a kite if you think it's perfectly smooth lmfao though its kinda(?) hard to tell with no audio.
(07-24-2018, 04:46 PM)ZaneyHD Wrote: p.s. you're high as a kite if you think it's perfectly smooth lmfao though its kinda(?) hard to tell with no audio.
still.
since it varies from 55fps to 60 fps, it's smooth emulation. moreover, your ee, Vu & GS % aren't very high.
So, i guess TK silver is right when saying it's the same on original hardware.

care to give a try on your real PS2 console to check out ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
ZaneyHD my emulation rig can run it with out the slowdowns you saw on native, preset set to 2, with mtvu and 8bit textures on. It does get close to 100% EE but generally hits high 90s before dropping down and any slowdowns in speed were in the high 50s and never hit the 40s (though with my aiming you wouldn't be able to tell that the game was fine and I was lousy at 1 am-ish last night)

Upgrading your processor might help since my emulation rig has a slightly stronger CPU

GT 640 v2
and a bunch of stats that really don't matter much at all.
(07-24-2018, 04:50 PM)jesalvein Wrote: still.
since it varies from 55fps to 60 fps, it's smooth emulation. moreover, your ee, Vu & GS % aren't very high.
So, i guess TK silver is right when saying it's the same on original hardware.

care to give a try on your real PS2 console to check out ?

I would love to try this out. I feel it would work a lot better on an actual PS2(?) I've always wanted to stream it on twitch to my friends or record a play-through on Youtube. Am I able to do that with a capture card?

I will say 90% of the time it's very smooth, though it definitely still has heavy lag spikes that slows the game and audio and makes it sound/feel horrible.
Your EE is at 100% when you drop into the 91-70% range.. that is a cpu bottleneck. You are running at 2k resolution as informal a standard it is
, what is the original native resolution?

MTVU could help.. like others have said.. so could moving your ee slider over 1. I'd not go beyond that. Your gs is quite happy where its at.. not even in use really. Youre running a 3770, so no OC for you. You will see better performance with a faster processor, or even with a 3770k and an OC on it.. Push it to 4.2ghz like jesavalin and you're golden. Now streaming it.. thats gonna take more cpu, BUT if you set processor affinity on your stream, you might be able to pull it off at 60 fps.. but its your proc right now. Try with the ee overclock to 1 and mtvu. It helps on quite a few games..so it's worth a try.
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
(07-25-2018, 03:21 AM)scythefwd Wrote: Your EE is at 100% when you drop into the 91-70% range.. that is a cpu bottleneck.  You are running at 2k resolution as informal a standard it is
, what is the original native resolution?

MTVU could help.. like others have said.. so could moving your ee slider over 1.  I'd not go beyond that.  Your gs is quite happy where its at.. not even in use really.  Youre running a 3770, so no OC for you.  You will see better performance with a faster processor, or even with a 3770k and an OC on it.. Push it to 4.2ghz like jesavalin and you're golden.  Now streaming it.. thats gonna take more cpu, BUT if you set processor affinity on your stream, you might be able to pull it off at 60 fps.. but its your proc right now.  Try with the ee overclock to 1 and mtvu.  It helps on quite a few games..so it's worth a try.

I've found that the settings make the game "playable" which is a big improvement and something i also realize i can probably only make better by upgrading my CPU and doing more tweaking. I streamed the whole game and it didn't lag that much, only rarely. I have you guys to thank for it Smile In the future I'll probably upgrade my motherboard/CPU and have another shot at it. thank you guys <3
honestly.. if you can find a used 3770k and a socket 1155 compatible watercooler.. you can do some pretty good OC on it without having to build a whole new system.. Matter of fact, an OC 3770k will outperform a 4690k at stock speeds..
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
(07-25-2018, 05:37 AM)scythefwd Wrote: Matter of fact, an OC 3770k will outperform a 4690k at stock speeds..

Yep. Most games I just run at stock speeds. If I run into a game that requires more performance I have an overclock at 4.8-4.9GHz that is nice and stable at good temps even in my not quite a SFF case that I have stress tested in case.
You can overclock non K CPUs on Z77 and P67 boards. 4 additional turbo bins which equals 400MHz.