Choppy and sluggish playing even though specs are good
Hey guys I'm currently running 0.9.7. I can keep a constant of 50+ fps, but the audio and gameplay are still very choppy. My current config can be found below.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

(08-01-2010, 06:21 AM)shibbywalkk Wrote: Hey guys I'm currently running 0.9.7. I can keep a constant of 50+ fps, but the audio and gameplay are still very choppy. My current config can be found below.

Telling the specs are good in the title does not help us to understand the problem, although you showed the plugins being used you did tell nothing to us about their configuration.

If it's a pal game it would be OK 50FPS but if NTSC it explains the issues, so the machine specs aren't that good enough to run that specific game (in time, what game is it?) without speed hacks and if already using them it might be the cause.

So, please, post the actual machine specs (CPU, RAM, Video card.. at least), the OS used and actual plugin configuration screenshots and speedhacks used, so it'll be possible to try solutions. Don't forget to tell the game name, each game is different in what it demands.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Jak 3 & Ratchet and Clank Going Commando
Intel Core i7 @ 2.6 ghz
9GB DDR3
Nvidia GTX260

[Image: audiot.png]
[Image: graphicsx.png]
[Image: speedhack.png]
Yes, the video card is good enough for most games and probably allow you going 2x scaling instead native with it (it could be more, maybe 4x but sadly in emulation it would overload yet more the CPU).
I don't have that game but it is known from reports as being problematic. Being i7 indeed put the CPU in the main Intel branch but some raw clocks would not hurt. All in all that machine should run most games with a little help in speed hacks, set the recommended ones. The VU cycle stealing helps in the FPS more than the EE, keep it as it is and advance VU one step, test and advance one step again if still bellow 60FPS. As I don't know personally the game I can't be sure these hacks are good for it but without them the playability is already compromised, worthy a try.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Helped somewhat. Still a lot of bugs in the sound and gameplay though. However, it is a lot more playable now. Thank you!
With SPU2-X try using X Audio, reduce your latency to 50 ms and try the mVU flag hack and wait loop detection. Also you might want to try around a couple different builds of PCSX2 but they don't support any that aren't official so only do so at the mere expense of your time.

EE timing hack in game fixes could help, but I'm not sure. In the EE/IOP set rounding to nearest and clamping to none, that should speed things up 15% approximately.
CPU: Pentium D 'Presler' 915 2.8 ghz 2x2MB L2 @ 3.5 ghz
GPU: eVGA [Nvidia] 8600GT 256MB SSC DDR3
Tested: FFX, FFX-2, FFXII, MGS3, KH, KH2, The Hobbit NTSC
PCSX2 FTW! Biggrin
Those games are heavily glitched anyway, with MIPMAP not supported.
They're also very slow, explaining your poor performance.
Try some other games until we've fixed it. Could take a while though Tongue2