ChoroQ HG 4 - Freezing on ending cutscene/credits
Title explains it pretty well, really. 
The credits/ending cutscene freezes at just a few seconds in (as the things fly over the hospital), and there's no way to progress from there.
If I use my (european) CD version of the game, the emulator goes down to ~2 fps and freezes for long stretches of time, before finally freezing 'for good'. 
If I use an (american) Iso version of the game, the emulator runs at 60fps, but at a certain point in the cutscene the game gets stuck and keeps playing the same sound over and over again. The emulator stays at 60fps in this scenario, though.
Help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm a newcomer to the forums and a newbie at using pcsx2, so I'm sorry if I'm missing something obvious!

I can provide the Iso and a savestate/memcard, if needed.

My hardware specs are; 
  • GPU: Nvidia GTX 770
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k (3.5GHz)
  • 16GB DDR3 Ram
  • 64-bit Win10
I'm running PCSX2 1.4.0
Not using any non-default settings (or rather, the error occurs with default settings as well)
The game I'm trying to run is ChoroQ HG 4, Error occurs on both European CD and American Iso, although in somewhat different ways.

Sponsored links

Do you own the american version of the game? and no we don't want the ISO that is illegal.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(04-13-2017, 10:12 PM)refraction Wrote: Do you own the american version of the game? and no we don't want the ISO that is illegal.

I do, but the CD is so scratched that it's unusable.
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.

Thank You.

(04-13-2017, 10:28 PM)refraction Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.

Thank You.

All done Smile
Thanks Smile

It could be worth trying a more recent build from here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php

There was a lot of fixes made since 1.4.0, so it might already be fixed.

(04-13-2017, 10:55 PM)refraction Wrote: Thanks Smile

It could be worth trying a more recent build from here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php

There was a lot of fixes made since 1.4.0, so it might already be fixed.

Is there a way to convert savestates from 1.4.0 to the latest build? It says that the savestate is corrupt or incomplete..
The only "on-memcard save" I have is from several hours earlier, and it'd be kinda annoying to play through it all again.

Smile
Savestates are not cross compatible, id suggest going to the savestate on the earlier version and saving ingame then loading that up in the new version.

It's also possible the savestate is causing your hang, so it's better to go from a memorycard save when troubleshooting

(04-13-2017, 11:22 PM)refraction Wrote: Savestates are not cross compatible, id suggest going to the savestate on the earlier version and saving ingame then loading that up in the new version.

It's also possible the savestate is causing your hang, so it's better to go from a memorycard save when troubleshooting

I just finished playing my way back to the same spot on the latest version of Pcsx2, same issue.. 
However, I managed to get past it by applying the 'Skip MPEG hack' before the video cutscene. Less than optimal, but functional nonetheless. 
Thanks for your help! <3