Chrome detecting some threads as malicious.
Google Chrome has started detecting some threads on the Public Compatibility List forum as malicious.

"Content from membres.lycos.fr, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware."

Anyone else experienced this?
We
Usually
Take
All
N*****
Garments

Sponsored links

Can you give us a link?
[Image: newsig.jpg]
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Taisen-Ho...PM-62480-J

This link, as well as others on the Public Compatibility List forum, redirects me to the Google Chrome warning. I'm not sure if it's just me though.

Edit: It's a bit unusual. The links sometimes work fine as they should, other times Chrome will redirect me to the virus warning. Of course I know there's nothing wrong with the pages Tongue

Edit 2: If I click on the link I've given above it works fine. If I left click on the link from the forum page it's in it's still fine. However if I click the link from the forum using the wheel on my mouse (to open the link in a new tab rather than in the current one), Chrome will give the malware warning. Using the mouse wheel to open the link in a new tab on this page works fine though. It only affects a few of the threads now. It isn't as frequent as it was.
We
Usually
Take
All
N*****
Garments
(01-27-2013, 10:49 PM)Rolento Wrote: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Taisen-Ho...PM-62480-J

This link, as well as others on the Public Compatibility List forum, redirects me to the Google Chrome warning. I'm not sure if it's just me though.

Edit: It's a bit unusual. The links sometimes work fine as they should, other times Chrome will redirect me to the virus warning. Of course I know there's nothing wrong with the pages Tongue

Most probably due to adds, a sad necessity to help funding the sites. The best course is that you took, reporting the pages so the add is blacklisted.

Edit: Well, seems there are no adds at the compatibility list, my bad, let's let what I don't know beyond the very basic to those who know Smile
Imagination is where we are truly real
(01-27-2013, 11:08 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Most probably due to adds, a sad necessity to help funding the sites. The best course is that you took, reporting the pages so the add is blacklisted.

I use an adblocker on Chrome so I don't see any ads that would appear anyway. Does that mean Chrome will still warn me of bad ads even though adblocker is in use?

(01-27-2013, 11:08 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Edit: Well, seems there are no adds at the compatibility list, my bad, let's let what I don't know beyond the very basic to those who know

Oh okay then Smile, thanks for trying to help though!
We
Usually
Take
All
N*****
Garments
Can you give a screen with this Warning?
Here you Go!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

We
Usually
Take
All
N*****
Garments
(01-27-2013, 11:23 PM)Rolento Wrote: Here you Go!
link to this thereat is clean, attached picture too.
This waring i guess after community flagging . Sometimes users just for fun can flag good site as malicious ,few times saw this on official music sites Smile
Change your browser or if you like Chrome report this issue to Google
(01-27-2013, 11:28 PM)oOCrazyGamerOo Wrote: link to this thereat is clean, attached picture too.
This waring i guess after community flagging . Sometimes users just for fun can flag good site as malicious ,few times saw this on official music sites Smile
Change your browser or if you like Chrome report this issue to Google

Does your mouse have a wheel in the middle for scrolling? If you go on the main forum page of the public compatibility list, and click the link using the mouse wheel, does it give the warning then?
That's a good point though, there probably are idiots out there who enjoy flagging perfectly clean content Tongue.
I'll see if it's still like this tomorrow Smile.
We
Usually
Take
All
N*****
Garments
(01-27-2013, 11:32 PM)Rolento Wrote: Does your mouse have a wheel in the middle for scrolling? If you go on the main forum page of the public compatibility list, and click the link using the mouse wheel, does it give the warning then?
That's a good point though, there probably are idiots out there who enjoy flagging perfectly clean content Tongue.
I'll see if it's still like this tomorrow Smile.
I dont have any warnings, yes i do have mouse middle wheel Smile
If you like ADBlock ,move to Firefox. Also to be calm and safe on internet use free Avast .No ADs in free version ,very good detection ,very low system resources usage.
Smile