Close PCSX2 after ending emulation?
Is there a way to autoclose PCSX2 after you end emulation? using the --nogui option still leaves a rogue PCSX2 process open after ending emulation
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64

Sponsored links

ROGUE PCSX2 NINJA PROCESS!

Hmm, I'm not sure. I'm guessing since normally closing GSdx or pressing ESC only suspends emulation that with nogui you are leaving the PCSX2 suspended like that. Try ALT F4.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
you close by using ESC and there is still a process running? Is the log console open?

That would make the whole nogui idea senseless or?
I tried ALT F4 myself and it completely kills the process for me, so try that.

And what he means is normally when running PCSX2(with GUI) if you press ESC it drops you back to the GUI and pauses emulation. This seems to still happen with NOGUI except now there is no gui to finish the closing. But ALT F4 seems to do it.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Still it is not a good idea to let an invisible gui process run in the background. Other users might not have observed this but suffer from memory consumption or whatever if the process is not closed correctly.

Well third bug in a short time detected....

avih... where are you?
It's not so much a bug as an oversight. The behavior is the normal expected behavior in GUI mode - it just needs to be caught in nogui mode and dealt with properly.

Maybe make an issue on github.
Probably happens when something goes wrong...ZOE2 at certain places with mtvu enabled and in software mode.

Did you tried the LilyPad options
Send escape on window close
Exit emulator on window close
While waiting for github fix, autohotkey would work.
If pcsx2 window is gone and gui is gone and process is still up, close process.
I would make it for ya but my personal pc is still in the shop.
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb
It will be little complicated with autohotkey if he is running every single game by using command lines.
He must create a script for every game or create a gui(containing the game list)that will load the game and add such feature.

This is a simple script(no gui)
Code:
#NoTrayIcon
Run,place the path to pcsx2 and the command lines
WinWaitActive,ahk_exe pcsx2.exe
WinWaitClose,ahk_exe pcsx2.exe
Sleep,2000
DetectHiddenWindows,on
Process,Exist,pcsx2.exe
If ErrorLevel != 0
WinKill,ahk_exe pcsx2.exe
You can do it by getting the class of the window instead and the class for the gui and if they don't exist, close the process. It doesn't need to be game specific Smile
Oh, and all that would be in a settimer which would check as long as the pcsx2 is active.
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb