Closing PCSX2 with a controller
(03-23-2014, 08:04 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Also as far as leaving Joy2Key open, this is what I do:

In the main Joy2Key window, go to preferences and set "Minimize when top right x button is pressed" and then when you close it it will minimize, and remove its icon from the taskbar. It will just leave a small icon in the notification area like where the other mini icons are. I checked and on my system it's using just over 3MB of ram and no CPU, so it shouldn't bother your resources even if you are limited for RAM.

The main problem wasn't really leaving it open, but the fact that after closing the emulator, if joy2key was open, I couldn't directly go back to Steam and choose another game without getting up and changing it manually.

I downloaded the new version of Joy2Key, and the ALT doesn't toggle anymore, and it looks like it would work fine. I'm going to try an hybrid of the script posted by pablocrossa and having SELECT as ALT and START as F4.

Sponsored links

(03-23-2014, 08:04 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Also as far as leaving Joy2Key open, this is what I do:

In the main Joy2Key window, go to preferences and set "Minimize when top right x button is pressed" and then when you close it it will minimize, and remove its icon from the taskbar. It will just leave a small icon in the notification area like where the other mini icons are. I checked and on my system it's using just over 3MB of ram and no CPU, so it shouldn't bother your resources even if you are limited for RAM.

I thought he wanted to close it to stop the ESC key intercepting with Steam, but unsure, if not then what you suggest is the way to go forwards, maybe next time asking instead of writting batch is best?? Tongue
Okay, the game closes with Joy2Key, but infortunately the batch script is not working and both the emulator and Joy2key remain open after I close the game down.

Any advice on this?

EDIT: I think I'm going to minimize Joy2Key, but the emulator window doesn't close even if I select "Exit Emulator on window close", so i don't really know what to do about that.
The emulator itself should shut completely down with alt F4, it does in my tests.

As far as joy2key.... hmmm. I'll leave this to pablocrossa since he made the batch.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(03-23-2014, 08:48 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: The emulator itself should shut completely down with alt F4, it does in my tests.

As far as joy2key.... hmmm. I'll leave this to pablocrossa since he made the batch.

If I press alt+f4 two times it does, one to close the game and another time to close the other window.
It doesn't really matter, but it would be nicer if it closed automatically.
Two things to try:

Instead of assigning just alt F4 to that key combo, try ESC in the first box, ALT in the second, F4 in the third. Maybe it will close the game with ESC and then the emu with ALT F4. (this is just a guess, not tested)

Or, in the configuration where you map the keys, at the bottom there is a repeat function. Turn on repeat and have it repeat once every second. Then you can hold down your close button and it will close the game, then the emu. Of course be careful not to hold it so long it closes whatever comes next lol
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
well my batch script loops until GSdx window is closed and then closes pcsx2 and joy2key, I don't have joy2key installed but pcsx2 certainly closes and if the executable name contains joy2key it should also shut... It works for me... does the batch script exit at least??
Sorry, big mistake, check updated batch Smile

EDIT: Remember it must be run so that when the 15s are over the GSdx window is open, if not it will just kill PCSX2, joy2key and exit
(03-23-2014, 08:58 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Two things to try:

Instead of assigning just alt F4 to that key combo, try ESC in the first box, ALT in the second, F4 in the third. Maybe it will close the game with ESC and then the emu with ALT F4. (this is just a guess, not tested)

Or, in the configuration where you map the keys, at the bottom there is a repeat function. Turn on repeat and have it repeat once every second. Then you can hold down your close button and it will close the game, then the emu. Of course be careful not to hold it so long it closes whatever comes next lol

The problem is that I'm using alt and f4 because I can set them to two different buttons that I would never press together, so I don't close the game down by accident. I don't know how I could do that with ESC.

EDIT: Cheking the new batch.
(03-23-2014, 09:13 PM)guru8bit Wrote: The problem is that I'm using alt and f4 because I can set them to two different buttons that I would never press together, so I don't close the game down by accident. I don't know how I could do that with ESC.

EDIT: Cheking the new batch.

Okay, now it's working. I had some problems with JoyToKey not closing, but it was because the program's name is "JoyToKey" and not "Joy2Key".

One last thing, can I make the time the batch takes to close down the programs shorter by having it check if GSdx is open more frequently?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found out how to do it.

Thank you, you're awesome.