Clunky movement with 360 pad
Question 
So, I'm going to try to explain my problem in as much detail as possible, but it's kinda hard.

Watch this first : http://youtu.be/Dz_jLgiW4PE?t=10m2s

+ This : http://share.gifyoutube.com/yAa8Px.webm

See the choppy movements when turning the character (it snaps/jerks from one direction to another)?

In the first video, around 10 minutes and 2 seconds in you see the character sort of snap to the left.
In the short Webm clip it's even more clear.
I can play games with my 360 pad perfectly, except for the games I'm playing with PCSX2. It's very annoying, especially in games with platform elements.

I played two versions of Phantasy Star Universe, the normal PC version, and the PS2 version on PCSX2. In the normal PC version I can run in circles smoothly without
any problems, but when I play the PS2 version with PCSX2, it snaps and it feels clunky and unresponsive.

Can this be fixed somehow?

EDIT: Both clips are made by other people, so it's a common problem.
EDIT 2: Improved my description of the problem

Sponsored links

Looks like the really jerky camera KH1 has because L2 and R2 aren't pressure sensitive
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(10-25-2014, 04:44 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Looks like the really jerky camera KH1 has because L2 and R2 aren't pressure sensitive

Don't look at the camera, look at the way the character (sora) snaps to the left. This happens with a lot of games I tried with PCSX2, not just Kingdom Hearts. Try any game with PCSX2 and run around in circles, now play a normal PC game with 360 pad support and do the same thing. For some reason it feels like PCSX2 is having a hard time deciding where you want your character to go and just snaps you into place (almost like a 8 directional input like a dpad). To be clear, it's playable in most games (good luck with platforming though), but I just find it highly annoying.

EDIT:
If it's too hard to spot the problem, let me know and I'll try to record a video.
The camera has always been an issue in Kingdom Hearts 1 (even on the actual PS2), so it's no surprise that the guy is constantly moving it around. I do that too, and it has nothing to do with the controller.

If it's occurring in other games as well though, you could mess with LilyPad settings (Changing the Sensitivity, etc), and see if that improves things.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
The op clearly said the problem is NOT the camera. The problem is the character movement, the way it sometimes jerks from one direction to another. I had that problem, though it was 2 years ago, so I don't remember the solution, sorry.
My post still applies. Change the Sensitivity in LilyPad settings and see if it helps.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
I did try different settings, including changing the sensitivity. Also, it doesn't matter if I use Pokopom or LilyPad. I'm using a wired Xbox 360 pad with the original drivers.

EDIT 2: Improved my description of the problem in the first post, still need help.
I know this post is a couple of months old, but I am having literally the -exact- same problem with my Xbox 360 controller. I have tried DirectInput and XInput in Lilypad and tried Pokopom as well. All three have the same issue in all games for me: the game -can- turn in any direction, but if you rotate your analog stick in a slow circle, the character will only stop at the 8 directional points.

At this point I'm wondering if it is actually a controller issue. It works fine on the PC games I use but it is a very old controller (Halo 3 launch controller).

Did you ever resolve your issue, Magicfeather?
After playing with it a bunch more it honestly feels like a polling rate issue or something. The game responds quickly when I push in a compass direction, but if I go between those to the diagonals (or god forbid, between a diagonal and compass direction) then the game takes literally 500ms+ to reflect that.

I am playing with a very old, wireless Xbox 360 controller, so it could be that. It's just weird that I haven't felt this issue in PC games before, even in platformers.
I am not completely sure if this kind of hijacking is still ok. If it is not you can delete my answer as well.

If it is ok...: I have the feeling that this jerkiness in movements is normal for KH and FFXII but I am not sure. As if you have only some possible movement directions (forward, left, diagonal (30°), diagonal (60°)) and not everything in between. But it might be that I am already accustomed to that misbehavior of pcsx2. I haven't played those two games for ages on the real ps2...