EE/VU Rounding: Chop/Chop

Speedhacks Used:
INTC, Wait Loop Detection, microVU, MTVU and VU Cycle Stealing on 1

Gamefixes Used:
Nothing

Amount of testing done (little/medium/much/completed-game):
Medium

Comments:
Codemaster screen shows correctly on SW mode (compare pic 1 with 13). Game runs weird on PCSX2. In HW mode, track and sky are totally missing leaving you with nothing but a grey road (pic 5, 6 and 7). Also, the default developer time's ghost car starts before the countdown (pic 5). Game seems to be running "faster" even with low fps, and became almost unplayable if you switch camera on 1st person view (game becomes too fast and jerky). In SW mode, fps slows down to 10 but graphic shows correctly apart from overbrightness (pic 8 and 11) and car shadows missing. To make CMR2005 run faster on PCSX2 in SW mode, set VU Cycle Stealing on 1, that will boost the fps up to 25 and make the game more enjoyable (pic 10). Also, playing in 1st person view helps a lot to improve fps (has not jerky gameplay like HW mode). Co-driver may glitch and loop some random speech even after you quit the game or select a new track. Game also becomes VERY EASY on PCSX2: there is an issue with ingame clock and fps, making the time run "slower", and you will often do ridiculous gaps like less than a minute (see last pic for this awesome bug). It's theoretically playable with these settings, but not very enjoyable. Rolleyes

Bugs:
Many graphic not showing on HW mode and game acts weird, SW mode shows everything but a bit too overbright and without car's shadow. Ghost car starts before countdown. Co-driver can glitch out and loop random speech throughout the game. Ingame clock runs slower, making the game very easy, but see this as some kind of benefit for those who aren't good at rally games. Tongue

Status
Playable
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Original post by LoStraniero1991

Little heads up. I've retested the game using GSdx 5618 0.1.16 (SEE41) on DirectX9 HW mode and it's definately more enjoyable using these hacks: in GSdx, set skipdraw on 1 (helps to get rid of vertical stripes costing some brightness) and set in Speedhacks the VU Cycle Stealing on 1.

35 fps (min 29) is a nice jump, if you can bear the purple/green shadows and some graphic bugs/missing (but you can still see the road). On software mode is the same as DX11. Avoid playing in 1st person, it will go so fast to become unplayable. Smile

Bugs on road textures can be seen in Germany (pic 4), Finland, Greece, United Kingdom and Spain (pic 1 and 2) countries, all the other countries (USA, Australia, Japan and Sweden) have no problems (Sweden on pic 5).

Quality or speed? You either decide.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Game title: Colin McRae Rally 2005
ELF name: SLES-52636
CRC: 05C3F8E1

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core2Duo @ 3.4Ghz
GPU: AMD Radeon HD6000 @ 2GB

Build Description: pcsx2-v1.3.1 windows-x86 - compiled on Nov 2015 (1422)

BIOS Used: Europe v02.00 Console

EE/VU Clamp modes: Normal/Normal

Speedhacks Used:
EE: 1
VU: 1

Gamefixes Used:
Automatic

Amount of testing done (little/medium/much/completed-game):
Medium

Comments:
  • Games suffers from slowdown, but can still run too fast(see bugs). With Direct3D HW renderers and Speedhacks EE Cyclerate and VU Cycle Stealing both set to 1 I got 100% speed. Software mode and OpenGL HW remain too slow.
Bugs:
  • Game timing is wrong. Ghost car will drive away before countdown reaches 0 and game can feel way too fast at times(seems to fluctuate) while driving. Workaround: Setting the Speedhacks EE Cyclerate to 1 and VU Cycle Stealing to 1 seems to massively improve the situation.
  • In Hardware mode the game looks very dark and has green/purple textures on the ground and sky. Workaround: Dark skies can be fixed with Blending Unit Accuracy set to "High". For both OpenGL and Direct3D HW renderers you'll need to set the skipdraw hack to 3 to brighten the game. There's no known solution for removing the green/purple colors.
  • In Hardware mode red bars cover the scree. Solution: Set the renderer to "OpenGL (Hardware)" and turn on Hardware Depth to remove the red bars. With the Direct3D renderers you'll need to set "skipdraw" HW Hack to 3.
  • With Direct3D renderers ground textures are completely black. Workaround: Setting CRC Hack Level to "Partial" makes the textures visible, but they're still very dark.
  • In Software mode the game has no green/purple texture, but instead looks way too bright. There's no known solution for this.
Status
Playable
Quote:Speedhacks Used:
EE: 1
VU: 1

I think you mean EE:0 ? 1 is for 33% overclock at the mentioned version.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(11-14-2015, 10:30 AM)ssakash Wrote: I think you mean EE:0 ? 1 is for 33% overclock at the mentioned version.
No, I meant 1(Reduces the EE Cyclerate by about 33%).
(11-14-2015, 12:22 PM)FlatOut Wrote: No, I meant 1(Reduces the EE Cyclerate by about 33%).

yeah, the underclock one Tongue  got a little confused there. but usually it´s better to check for bugs using the default cycle rate.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(11-14-2015, 01:14 PM)ssakash Wrote: yeah, the underclock one Tongue  got a little confused there. but usually it´s better to check for bugs using the default cycle rate.
I did also work with the default settings, but to pleasantly play the game I had to use the speedhacks. Wink
PC Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @ ~4.2GHz
GPU: nVidia GTX 750 Ti 2GB
RAM: 8 GB

Build Description: PCSX2 v1.5.0-dev-2233-gbc8d9d40b - Windows

Plugins:
GS: GSdx 20171130235611 (MSVC 19.00 AVX2/AVX2) 1.1.0
PAD: LilyPad 20171130235611 - 0.12.1
SPU2: SPU2-X 20171130235611 - 2.0.0
CDVD: cdvdGigaherz 20171130235611 - 0.11.0
USB/FW/DEV9: All Null Driver

BIOS Used: Europe v02(14/06/2004) Console

EE/VU Clamp modes: Normal/Normal
EE/VU Rounding: Chop/Chop

Speedhacks Used: VU Cycle Stealing : 3

Gamefixes Used: N/A

Amount of testing done (little/medium/much/completed-game): little.

Comments:

The game it self has a frame skipping function if the console's FPS is dropping.
This is why we are experiencing timing issues and a car that accelerates to fast according to FPS.
A solution to gain accurate framerate and in-game timing is to turn of every other speed-hack and just let VU Cycle Stealing being set to 3.
Also, software mode actually can handle texture decoding right and shows us the right textures, where hardware mode get half of it right.
But then again, SW is almost to demanding for game play.
When upscaling, use HW Hacks GSDX and enable Align Sprite to get rid of vertical lines.

Bugs:

- Hardware mode has problems with texture render (SW fixes this). OpenGL does a better job at trying to decode the textures.
- In-game frameskipping causing timing issues if speedhack VU Cycle Stealing 3 not set.
- Vertical lines (like in Tekken) are showing. GSDX HW Hack - Align Sprites is needed to make them go away.

Status
Ingame
(I would not consider this playable)