College Hoops 2k8
Anyone get this to work well with pcsx2? I see the older versions are not real compatible. But it is March Madness and it would be nice to get up and running well.

I have it running, but very slow. It is probably about 50% speed. Any suggestions on configuration?

System Rundown
Intel Q6700
4GB RAM
8600 GT card
Vista Home Prem 32
Intel DG board and sound
Dual Action Controller

Sponsored links

(03-10-2009, 08:28 AM)samuels1 Wrote: Anyone get this to work well with pcsx2? I see the older versions are not real compatible. But it is March Madness and it would be nice to get up and running well.

I have it running, but very slow. It is probably about 50% speed. Any suggestions on configuration?

System Rundown
Intel Q6700
4GB RAM
8600 GT card
Vista Home Prem 32
Intel DG board and sound
Dual Action Controller
Its probably because of your cpu speed,
Have you enabled all the speed hacks and enabled NATIVE option in GSdx?
You should be able to easily overclock your Q6700 to 3.0Ghz even with the stock Intel CPU cooler without raising the voltage one bit. You can even leave Speedstep enabled at that rate which will down clock your CPU when idle. Simply increase your FSB to 1333Mhz with the multiplier at 9x in your BIOS, save and exit.

Though I don't know how much PCSX will benefit from a 340Mhz overclock.
Intel C2D E8400 4.5Ghz|EVGA nForce 680i|BFG Tech 8800GTX 675Mhz\2160Mhz|4GB Team Group PC2-9600 1200Mhz|Creative X-Fi|Vista 64 Bit
Thanks for the replys. The CPU is a Quad Core 2.66, so not sure any benefit can be obtained for overclocking. Plus the BIOS on this Intel MB does not provide options to overclock.

Using the Native mode did help the jumpiness. Still slow motion though!

What do you mean by speed hacks?

I am new to this. I tried an older version and could not get working on the previous CPU well enough. Kingdom Hearts works flawlessly (As far as I have played), so I know I am working properly.

Appreciate the help. Would be fun to play the College Hoops ISO since it is not something I can even buy on my PC. My PC plays GTA IV fine which is very resource heavy game! So am pretty sure that I have the PC tuned as well as I need it.