Color Banding in Dark Alliance
Hello all, I've been trying to fix this issue on my own with little success, so I'm turning to the collective knowledge of the community. When running Dark Alliance in the latest development version of PCSX2 there's an odd "off" quality to what I believe to be either the lighting or the textures. UPDATE: Thanks to CK1 I now know the proper name for this issue is Color Banding.
[Image: F9kIzAO.png]

In the official 1.4.0 release this issue is absent however:
[Image: OMbLv0l.png]

A friend suggested the problem could be a shader issue but I wouldn't know where to begin to rectify it.

Sponsored links

It is likely due to the fact that blending improvements were added to DX throughout the course of 1.5. If you set Blending Accuracy to None, the color banding will probably disappear. If you compare to Software mode, another fact is that dithering is not present in the hardware renderers.
(04-22-2020, 08:49 AM)CK1 Wrote: It is likely due to the fact that blending improvements were added to DX throughout the course of 1.5. If you set Blending Accuracy to None, the color banding will probably disappear. If you compare to Software mode, another fact is that dithering is not present in the hardware renderers.

That did it! Setting Blending Accuracy to None removes the color banding entirely while raising it up makes the banding worse to an almost comical degree. Thank you for letting me know the proper name for this problem and giving me an effective fix.