Commandline with PCSX2
I'm trying to add some arguments to a short-cut, and having problems getting anything to work right. Trying to use the [ISO] argument keeps resulting in a CDVD plugin error. Trying to use --cfgpath keeps bringing up the wizard.

Has anyone had any experience using commandline arguments with PCSX2?

Is there a guide or anything somebody could link me to?

Are certain functions not yet fully working?

Does it just plain not like spaces in directory names?

Sponsored links

I found this now.
hmm, only reference to the commandline stuff i can find is here http://pcsx2.net/blog.php?p=2

how exactly are you doing your commandline strings?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Well, I'm going by the help prompt (-h), and what I saw here. Here's an example:

"C:\PCSX2\pcsx2.exe" [C:\Games\FFX.iso] --cfgpath=[C:\PCSX2\User-CFG\FFX-ini.ini]

EDIT: Just noticed that I did something wrong here. --cfgpath should target a folder, not an .ini.
take out the [] brackets

doing

pcsx2dev.exe D:\PS2Games\charlie.nrg

works here, that launches charlie and the chocolate factory with no interaction ;p

I did try with, and without, I believe.

Inspired by your statemenet, I decided to try from scratch. I "re-installed" another PCSX2 in said directory (I had been targeting another, which is the install I always use). It worked just fine this time, but I noticed why (I think). When I created a short-cut of my original installation of PCSX2 (r3878), the short-cut's target line had the exe target in quotes. The short-cut I made from C:\PCSX2 had no quotes in the target field...

Anyway, thanks, refraction. Smile
You're welcome Smile