Compatibility: Tales of Phantasia
Hello pcsx2 community. I have both Tales of Destiny and Tales of Phantasia which are pretty much the same given different names and more extra's in the second one mentioned. Ok so here's the scoop, I have configured the emulator to read from my DVD/CD player/burner and Tales of Destiny reads and plays fine but Tales of Phantasia does not.

I have checked the compatibility guide for Tales of Phantasia and it is not listed, so from my observation and attempt to play I was wondering if anybody else has the game, that he/she can also try his/hers to confirm this. If this is confirmed I was just notifying so that the game could be listed as incompatible.

Anyway thank you for your time, Jon.

Sponsored links

Post your PC spec and PCSX2 configuration for In-depthreferences.

Based on your statement above try not to read throught your DVD rom cuz this will give you a very slow FSP and less compactibility .. mount it with Nero Smart or Alcohol or etc ... to either .nrg or .iso then use linuz DVD plugin. This will give you more compatibility.
HappyTongueCSX2:Happy
Tales of Phantasy is a Playstation one game, is it?
PC:
EVGA 600 +80 PSU
NVIDIA GTX 550ti EVGA 2GB VRAM
[Image: hj0zqy-4.png]
Where did you get Tales of Phantasia for ps2? It's like for Super Nintendo, Game Boy Advance, PlayStation, PlayStation Portable only... Wink

PCSX2 cannot play PS1 games.

Tales of Destiny is the Phantasia's remake.
Yes they are psx games. If ps2 emulator cannot psx games then this may be the first game played on it. Tales of Destiny. Well since it cannot play top then i guess there is no need to add it to the compatibility list since the emulator was only intended to play ps2 games. [/align]
(05-11-2009, 05:22 AM)Jon911 Wrote: Yes they are psx games. If ps2 emulator cannot psx games then this may be the first game played on it. Tales of Destiny. Well since it cannot play top then i guess there is no need to add it to the compatibility list since the emulator was only intended to play ps2 games. [/align]

Sorry, you sure you aren't imagining things? Laugh What you say shouldn't be possibleSmile

Just popped in my ToD CD and no, it doesn't work.
There is a tales of destiny remake, if that's what the guy means..