Compatibility for Final Fantasy X
Smile 
I can't get the frames to 60 fps smoothly. At the intro video, it runs at 30 - 40 fps.
What are the most compatible plugins and settings for Final Fantasy X?

Quote:Ex.
Graphics Plugin:
Sound Plugin:
Controller Plugin:
Cdvdrom Plugin:
Dev9 Plugin:
Usb Plugin:
FireWire Plugin:
And the settings for these plugin.

I thought only Windows Vista can get Dx 10, so I don't think I can upgrade.

PC:
Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3
DirectX: 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
CPU Type: DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2200 MHz (11 x 200) 4200+
Video Adapter: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 SC (896 MB)
Audio Adapter: Realtek ALC655 @ nVIDIA nForce4 (CK8-04) - Audio Codec Interface
System Memory: 1024 MB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)
DIMM1: Corsair XMS2 CM2X512-5400C4 512 MB DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15 @ 333 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz)
DIMM2: Corsair XMS2 CM2X512-5400C4 512 MB DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15 @ 333 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz)

Thank you very much ! WubWub

Sponsored links

CPU Type: DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2200 MHz (11 x 200) 4200+ <- this, nuff said.

Overclock it and see if you get any advantages.
Can you teach me how to do that please? Or is there a dummy guide for me Tongue ? Is it dangerous to overclock CPU ?

What's a good speed for this CPU to overclock to?
What's a critical temperature for this CPU, like keep it under 60 C , etc.

Thank youuu Blush
(05-28-2009, 06:12 AM)SillyRice Wrote: Can you teach me how to do that please? Or is there a dummy guide for me Tongue ? Is it dangerous to overclock CPU ?

Thank youuu Blush

Yellow text on a white background, what are you thinking! Angry

And as far as Overclocking goes, just trying googling the name of your CPU, followed by "Overclocking", and you'll probably get plenty of results.
Intel Core 2 Duo QX9750 Extreme Edition | eVGA 790i FTW | BFG GTX 280 OC 1GB | 8GB of Patriot Viper
Hee sorry about that. Thanks, ugh Blink so much reading involved in overclocking guides.

But do you guys recommend any particular plugins for FFX ?
Thanks thanks Happy
(05-28-2009, 06:23 AM)SillyRice Wrote: Hee sorry about that. Thanks, ugh Blink so much reading involved in overclocking guides.

But do you guys recommend any particular plugins for FFX ?
Thanks thanks Happy

As far as recommending any settings, it's really up to you. Really, the issue here is gonna be your CPU. If you can boost that up a bit, you'll probably have no issues running FFX. Your GPU is good to go, as well as the rest of your set up.

The biggest thing is that some games can be more CPU then GPU intensive. Also, try running the newest PCSX2 beta and see if you get any better results. And have you tried any of the Speed hacks?
Intel Core 2 Duo QX9750 Extreme Edition | eVGA 790i FTW | BFG GTX 280 OC 1GB | 8GB of Patriot Viper
(05-28-2009, 06:14 AM)Scott Wrote:
(05-28-2009, 06:12 AM)SillyRice Wrote: Can you teach me how to do that please? Or is there a dummy guide for me Tongue ? Is it dangerous to overclock CPU ?

Thank youuu Blush

Yellow text on a white background, what are you thinking! Angry

Probably thinking it looks good in the dark theme where the blue font doesnt look so good :o people shouldnt really use colors in forums for normal text doesnt look good anyway xD

There are plenty speed hacks you can use to speed things up meanwhile, try using different combination of plugins, ZeroSPU2 and GSdx run fast and good enough, try activating speedhacks and see if it improves your game. FFX is of the least demanding games at least that one should run good enough.