Poll: Should compatibility with different games be more detailed?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
68.97%
20 68.97%
No
31.03%
9 31.03%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Compatibility
Question 
According to PCSX2 combatibility list playable means the following: "You can get from 'new game' to 'end credits'. This is regardless of FPS, it simply means you could with a great deal of patience, complete the game."

Labeling the game to be playable does not tell a lot. I just tested 5 different games with Q6600 (3GHZ), 8800GT OC2, 4GB (OC) and the two games said to be playable runned with ridicilous FPSs. Ofcourse I can understand that if I had godlike computer setup I could run these games with better FPS.

My point is that the compatibility list should have more info, because getting 10 fps with lowest settings is nowhere close being playable. Or the compatibility list should have some references to what kind of ingame FPS can you expect with certain setup. So are there any other sites where you can check, if the game is playable ... And with playable I mean decent +30 fps with 2.4Ghz dual core, 8600GT

Site should state, if the game is playable with decent FPS. Yes, computers are different, but if I can check how well the game runned on some other computer, I can guess how well it runs on my computer ... more or less accurately

Sponsored links

Wow, category ? is so brilliant. You should be proud of the great idea.
take it easy, the ones who tested the games and said it was playable based their rates on their PCSX2 configuration and their own FPS. So just because it's not playable for you that dosent mean its not playable for them. But you can look for help in this forum, post your Specs and then ask the people. THere are a lot of people here
(04-22-2009, 12:49 AM)Cain Wrote: Wow, category ? is so brilliant. You should be proud of the great idea.

Because it is hard to tell if you are being sarcastic or not ...

If you are sarcastic 1)
Wow, you should be proud of being a smart ass and not being helpful at all.

If you are not sarcastic 2)
Thanks, I thought it was a great idea ... there should be more specific description about the playability.
(04-22-2009, 12:22 AM)roska.posti Wrote: According to PCSX2 combatibility list playable means the following: "You can get from 'new game' to 'end credits'. This is regardless of FPS, it simply means you could with a great deal of patience, complete the game."

Labeling the game to be playable does not tell a lot. I just tested 5 different games with Q6600 (3GHZ), 8800GT OC2, 4GB (OC) and the two games said to be playable runned with ridicilous FPSs. Ofcourse I can understand that if I had godlike computer setup I could run these games with better FPS.

My point is that the compatibility list should have more info, because getting 10 fps with lowest settings is nowhere close being playable. Or the compatibility list should have some references to what kind of ingame FPS can you expect with certain setup. So are there any other sites where you can check, if the game is playable ... And with playable I mean decent +30 fps with 2.4Ghz dual core, 8600GT

Site should state, if the game is playable with decent FPS.

It's not possible.
The game could be blazing fast at 80 fps on my system which is lets say a Core 2 Duo E8400 overclocked at 4,2 Ghz with a Geforce 280 GTX. It could crawl with 30 fps in your system though.
So,not possible. Plus you should be really glad this list even exists,no other emulator has such a huge compatibility list which takes weeks to update each time.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Because not everybody has the same configuration (PC setup and emulator configuration) this is not possible. That list is meant to show you when a game is already fully playable on the emulator (it doesn't hang, doesn't have any problems and so on), but to test them on a number of different setups will be a tremendous task! It shows you if a game is fully playable or not. Just that. The speed also varies too much from game to game. With a 2.4 C2D supporting SSE4.1 I get 60 fps on all FF, both KH and many other games. But i don't get 60fps on rumble roses... even though the game is fully playable. So, this doesn't have much sense neither. It varies from PC to PC and from game to game.

But if you have a decent pcsx2 configuration, a game that states "playable" should be playable all the way up to the end.
SAGER NP8690 | i7-620M 2.66Ghz | 6GB RAM | ATI 5870M 1GB GDDR5 | FullHD 1080p 15.6'' | 500GB HDD 7200RPM | WINDOWS 7
Hi^^

(04-22-2009, 04:55 PM)Bositman Wrote: no other emulator has such a huge compatibility list which takes weeks to update each time.

Objection, DOSBox has a bigger list^^ 2107 vs. 3236 has about the same info.
But that's just an 386 emulatorXP Sorry for being smart ass but I just couldn't resist^^

Link: DOSBox

HF, Clobon
I think there shouldbe a notes section, for games like God Of War and the like.

with God Of War you HAVE to use toxic DL, even the DVD itself won't work.
(04-22-2009, 08:57 PM)Clobon Wrote: Hi^^

(04-22-2009, 04:55 PM)Bositman Wrote: no other emulator has such a huge compatibility list which takes weeks to update each time.

But that's just an 386 emulatorXP Sorry for being smart ass but I just couldn't resist^^

HF, Clobon
Fine,no other *modern system* emulator then Tongue And they don't have screenshots like we do Wink
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(04-22-2009, 10:08 PM)Bositman Wrote:
(04-22-2009, 08:57 PM)Clobon Wrote: Hi^^

HF, Clobon
Fine,no other *modern system* emulator then Tongue And they don't have screenshots like we do Wink
define "modern system"? cause we could say PSX, or n64 which has a high rate too lol