Compilation of things found.
Over the past few days I've been testing various games and yes, i have searched on here to the best of my searching ability and found no responses to these (i ended up giving up on my search for a fix to the FF12 bug, you try typing FF12 in the search box and hope to not get 400 pages). Before we begin, I feel its appropriate to include my current settings for all to see(Rev.1888):

For starters, I cannot run Castlevania Curse of Darkness. I have turned off all speed hacks, etc, and the game still refuses to boot. The debug screen says everything is working just fine, but the game does nothing at boot but stare at me with a black screen.

I have also noticed that NO savestates work for me, namely FF12 savestates are always corrupted and refuse to load. Several other games have given me this problem (i'm fearing playing Xenosaga because of this and the fact that save points can/will reset the game at random).

Last but not least, I have having huge missing texture errors in .hack//gu. Like entire cities are gone. its just the character models that appear on the screen and nothing else(the character models look wonderful btw).

*edit* I am using ISOs for this, the cdvd plugin is for dvd9 games since daemon tools does a better job at handling them than the iso loader built in*

*edit 2* I'm aware that the plugins listed currently in the picture are those of unsupported revisions. I was using them as testers as well, and still got the same results, just forgot to switch them back to the supported ones before screenshotted.

Sponsored links

You need to use the latest beta for .hack//gu making sure to turn on microVU0 (and possible microVU1 as well) in the CPU options.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(12-15-2009, 04:42 AM)Koji Wrote: You need to use the latest beta for .hack//gu making sure to turn on microVU0 (and possible microVU1 as well) in the CPU options.

I am using latest beta. Rev.1888 as far as i know is the latest supported beta.
You read one half, but ignored the other half. To get correct graphics in .hack//gu you must enable microVU0. MicroVU1 can be on or off, I had it off since it's a bit faster but microVU0 must be on.

You may get a few other graphic glitches with the latest GSDx (most notable is the very bad ghosting) this can be handled by using an older version of gsdx, around revision 1400 work well (I use 1398 for this game)
[Image: 2748844.png]
(12-15-2009, 04:49 AM)Koji Wrote: You read one half, but ignored the other half. To get correct graphics in .hack//gu you must enable microVU0. MicroVU1 can be on or off, I had it off since it's a bit faster but microVU0 must be on.

You may get a few other graphic glitches with the latest GSDx (most notable is the very bad ghosting) this can be handled by using an older version of gsdx, around revision 1400 work well (I use 1398 for this game)

Not to sound confrontational or anything, im assuming you didnt check the picture containing my settings. I have MicroVU turned on.
Ok got .hack//gu working.. It was kinda like what you Koji. but MicroVU1 must be off. it cannot be on. I'm wondering if the microvu is whats breaking CoD as well, since I have seen youtube videos of it running. I am sure it must run somehow..
Did you even read this before posting?
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2318.html

Moving out, not a proper bug report.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(12-15-2009, 09:09 AM)Bositman Wrote: Did you even read this before posting?
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2318.html

Moving out, not a proper bug report.

Sorry bositman, I assume you refer to the fact that it has 3 games listed instead of just 1. I did not want to make 3 posts at the same time and clutter things : /
No, I'm also referring to the layout, to the lack of different settings tested and having nearly every speed hack on. Plus at least 2 of the 'bugs' are not bugs...
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(12-15-2009, 09:25 AM)Bositman Wrote: No, I'm also referring to the layout, to the lack of different settings tested and having nearly every speed hack on. Plus at least 2 of the 'bugs' are not bugs...

I gotcha, as for the picture with the speedhacks enabled, i had said in the post I also turned them off and produced same results. The settings i posted are what i usually play with if there isn't a problem. I know to clarify that better in the future now. I can understand the Hack//gu thing not being a bug now that we found out what was causing it(at least i thought it was at the time), between the CoD not working and savestates corrupting. which is not a bug worth posting about? I would like to make a proper report on either one so I can at least get one of them fixed. I have searched up on both of those things and have not found anything that helps.