Compile Guide
Can you guys keep it low with wx?
Talking about how it's slower than before (which it isn't, it's faster actually)
and similar things might get it a bad reputation from the start on.

We want to avoid that if possible.

Sponsored links

Well, I really like it a lot! It's a lot nicer than the old GUI, that's for sure.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
If it seems slow right now, it might be because it currently defaults to debug mode.

But I agree with rama on this one.

The wx gui is in a very early stage of development. Half the features you see haven't been coded yet, and there are plenty of known issues. It can boot isos and the bios, but it's going to be a while before it's anything you'd want to use for more then testing. It's good for a glimpse of the future of pcsx2, though.

In the meantime, there's a reason why we released betas (Windows and Linux, none the less.) of the last version before the transition...
i cant config my game pad in the new version.. i use lilypad

and it boots no isos it shows only the bios with a cd and when i cklick it it comes back to the bios
My PC:
Intel i7 920 @ 4010 Mhz
2x 2 GB Dual-DDR 3 @ 1200 Mhz
NVIDIA GTX 260 @ (GPU/Shader/RAM) 640/1380/1000 Mhz
2x Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 at Raid0
Could somebody please write a short guide on how to use visual studio and tortoiseSVN to load previous versions of pcsx2? I remember seeing how to do this with the previous compile guide, but the new compile guide by nickname doesn't go about saying how to do that - or at least non that I can see atm. x_x;;
To everyone:

Current wxGUI is PRE ALPHA. It will NOT work as expected, it is mostly NOT working and is full of bugs. If you want to use the emulator, use the last released betas. There is a reason we disabled public comments in the GoogleCode SVN.

If people keep reporting 'bugs' and 'problems' about a pre-alpha build that is far from finished I'll just close this thread to save us the spam.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Just a simple question.
I deleted everything from the old source(with the old gui)and the plugins and check out the trunk again.

What do I need from those if I want to compile only those plugins(GSdx-SSE2)and pcsx2 with the new gui for x86.

Or do I need all of those that are not highlighted?

I already compiled those plugins and pcsx2 but everything takes almost 900mb(with the old gui + those plugins it takes ~400 but I had only the needed to compile those plugins and pcsx2)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Pretty much everything. The wxWidgets projects are very big, and very important. If you want to compile PCSX2, you'll need to build wx. No avoiding that.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
(09-07-2009, 09:05 PM)Air Wrote: Pretty much everything. The wxWidgets projects are very big, and very important. If you want to compile PCSX2, you'll need to build wx. No avoiding that.

Ok...guess I have to move some files from my C drive to D
You can also use NTFS compression on your entire SVN checkout folder. It's very effective, and in my experience doesn't affect compilation speed much. It reduces my 900-meg folder to roughly 400-450megs.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team