Compile question
Hi all. So, I was doing tests together with Rama on Fatal Frame 1 at Ngemu playground section to try and fix a lot of bugs the game has. BUT... As I was reading at the bug report section, it is needed to compile the latest version of playground to post bug tests... But I don't know how to compile at all.

I'm downloading the compile programs and I'll try and learn how to do it, but just in case, is there a place where I can get the latest compiled versions ?? I know of Rainbow 4 shared, but he doesn't update very often, it's kinda hard to get hold of the latest version through downloads.

Anyway, I'll install visual studio 2008 and tortoise svn and see what I can do.

Thanks for the attention, sorry for any disturbance, lates.

Sponsored links

You need not necessarily use the latest svn revision. You can use our latest beta from here

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2731.html

As a matter of fact, we prefer you use our latest beta rather than some compiles from someone else, because we cannot be sure of the content.

Compiling the latest svn revision on your own is not a must, though it's useful if you can. This thread can help you if you want http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2373.html
I tried to install it on my laptop but it did not like it, if your not serious about building builds i would suggest not installing it because its huge just to compile things.

You need to make sure you install Visual studio 2008 PRO not express
Death Notebook - (Killer Notebooks)
X9000 OC Dual 3.0 : GeForce 8800M GTX : 4 GB OCZ Ram
Yes, compiling is not that easy. As said, trying the game with the official pcsx2 playground release and with our latest beta is enough. Just read the "How to report a bug" post and it's all good Smile

P.S. Our latest beta is the latest revision we consider "stable" anyway. Other revisions WILL most likely have problems
(01-13-2009, 04:40 AM)Krakatos Wrote: You need not necessarily use the latest svn revision. You can use our latest beta from here

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2731.html

As a matter of fact, we prefer you use our latest beta rather than some compiles from someone else, because we cannot be sure of the content.

Compiling the latest svn revision on your own is not a must, though it's useful if you can. This thread can help you if you want http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2373.html

That's great Krakatos, I'll try and learn how to compile, if anything goes wrong I'll use the latest beta you directed, thanks a lot man. Looking forward to help you guys anyway I can Smile
[Image: pibjimh9rqzvk1yz5kl.jpg]

My problem was that the services it made slowed down my machine also....Freaking thing installed SQL
Death Notebook - (Killer Notebooks)
X9000 OC Dual 3.0 : GeForce 8800M GTX : 4 GB OCZ Ram
I'm starting to get scared of this compile stuff Smile I'm just curious, I'll try for fun, I hope my PC don't get all crazy Tongue

(01-13-2009, 05:06 AM)Gentleman Wrote: I'm starting to get scared of this compile stuff Smile I'm just curious, I'll try for fun, I hope my PC don't get all crazy Tongue

"Neo: I know Kung-Fu" LOL.. Just kidding. So, I know how to compile now. I was able to compile just fine with Visual C++ Express and Tortoise Svn. Just a dumb question... Everytime that I use the checkout with the tortoise Svn, I get the latest release ??

And do I need to delete the folder at every new check out, and get clean files again ??

Thanks.

Yes, if you checkout you get the latest release.

No you do not need to delete, but if you o not you better rebuild the project instead of just building.
(01-13-2009, 06:09 AM)Krakatos Wrote: Yes, if you checkout you get the latest release.

No you do not need to delete, but if you o not you better rebuild the project instead of just building.

Ok.. I just feel like deleting them everytime then.. It gives a cleaner impression of things Smile Jesus, I forgot to ask another thing.. Should I use the dev or non dev version for posting bugs ??